Well, here we are at IAH getting ready for our adventure. We have 2 suitcases, our garment bag, a duffle bag with Kallen's pack&play in it, an old wine carrying box with styrofoam filled with at least 20 single serving size Horizon Organic milk's (which were LIFESAVER's by the way!! totally worth the hassle----and we were pulled into the "go through all your stuff" line in Guatemala City, and you should have seen us trying to explain to customs what was in our box----they only habla'ed espanol!!!! it was hilarious!!), a stroller, a car seat, and 3 carry on bags. Yes, for real...

Little Mister all cuddled up in his car seat, flying over the Gulf :)
Let me just tell you, traveling with a baby sure makes life special!!! ha! He actually did great on both flights----and the ride to Antigua on the shuttle was a least an hour and he was SUCH a good sport on that too!!
Josh (Claudia's fiance/now husband) and Brian and Kallen. Josh just happened to be on our flight over, with a lot of his family, which was so fun! I knew him before the wedding, but we got to know him a lot better while we were there, and he is just amazing!!!! Congrats Josh!!!!
After a long day of traveling, we finally made it to the Casa Santo Domingo!!! Our first view from the terrace of the hotel of the mountains and volcanoes surrounding us!
One of the many courtyards in our hotel---really, no words or pictures could describe this place. When we arrived it just looks like a little door in the wall on the street, and then you go inside and its this HUGE layout of gardens and courtyards, and artwork. It is the most incredible hotel I have ever seen. It was a former monastery from the 1500's, and had a museum in it---I mean, just unbelievable...

Kallen is definitely not sure about this setup...he was having a LOT more fun OUTside of his crib!!! Notice he's throwing everything on the floor---that's his sign for "I want OUT!!"
Our little guy getting used to his new "bedroom"----trying to take a nap (I can't remember if this one "worked" or not!!)
Our view to the left from our balcony. All of us from the wedding were in the same section of the hotel, which was a lot of fun!!!

This was the view directly behind us from our balcony. To the right was a Guatemalan school where you could hear the kids playing, and singing---it was so beautiful!! And all the mountains in the distance were just gorgeous---we were surrounded by mountains and volcanoes!!
Let me just tell you how hard it is to not be able to use the water with a baby!!! We basically bought liters of water by the case---ha!! Between teeth brushing, bottle cleaning, and of course drinking, we used a LOT of Agua Pura Salvavidas!!!
This was waiting for us in our room---our wedding weekend itinerary!!! It was absolutely amazing how much Claudia had planned for us. There were dinners, and tours, and brunches. She took SUCH good care of us!!
I loved how all the signs were hand painted on ceramic tiles...

Our little room at the Casa Santo Domingo----229---loved our little room!!!

A little video of Kallen in his crib---I didn't want it down here, but I don't know how to move it!! ha!! I really need to take that "mac workshop"!!!!
2 comments:
wow!!! so glad you had such a GREAT time! the pictures of that place are AMAZING!!!
What a wonderful weekend 'adventure' you just experienced! WOW! I love all the pictures and stories you have shared with us!! Amazing!! However, I am happy to have you back on American soil once again!! As always, sending all my love to Texas today!!
PS...you and Brian made a very HANDSOME COUPLE !!!!
Post a Comment