About to leave Casa Santo Domingo....

I love that phrase---my Grandma always used to say this when I was little, and somehow lately its just stuck...with a little 14 month old running around, it seems there's always a reason to be using a superlative (is that even what that is??? hmmmm....not too sure). But that's how I feel about our trip---I mean, where do I even begin???....
Well, we're BACK!! And you know, its really with mixed emotions. I thought I'd be ready to come back, but we really fell in love with the culture. And it was way too short to even touch the surface of all there was to do---just in Antigua, let alone all of Guatemala.
It was SUCH a great trip---it reminded us of how much we LOVE other cultures...it was such an honor to get to experience the town with Claudia, the bride, who grew up in Antigua---it gave me a whole new respect for her...you forget all that people leave behind when they choose to move to America from other countries. It was so fun picturing her as a little girl, running down the cobblestone streets to go to school...
Ok, quick synopsis of some of my favorite memories/things...
- COFFEE!!! (of course, amazing!! I have been only drinking decaf, but quickly kicked that to the curb as soon as we got there---and it was worth it having a little bit of jitter---ha!!)
- Weather--cool nights in the 60's, and warm days in the 70's/80's were such a nice break from our Houston summer weather!
- KALLEN!!! I can't even tell you how much fun it was to have him with us...there were quite a few couples who had children they left at home, and I have to admit, there were plenty of times I was jealous of their freedom, for the MOST part I was so glad to have little Kally with us. He did SO well, was such a good sport, and I think he loved being in another country---no really! I think between all the sights and smells and sounds he was really stimulated and it made him really happy! :)
- Alright, if I keep going this will NOT be a quick synopsis----both of my boys are still asleep?? (9:15!!!) yesterday all three of us slept until 11!!!! We were one tired family!!
Ok, much love!!!! Have a great week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment