
Oh my this little boy makes me smile so big...
We are so enjoying this little season together...well, at least I am, I can't speak for him--ha! We had a great little "Kallen weekend." We stayed in a hotel here in Houston (that was his #1 request---love this kid!) went to some fun dinners, played in the hotel pool, went to see the Lorax, took him to do a little shopping (the fun kind not the boring kind)----more than anything it was SO sweet to be a little family of 3 while we wait for this precious little baby to arrive. I know it is going to be SUCH a blessing for him to become a part of our family, but it will definitely shake things up a bit for a certain 3 1/2 year old who has had center stage for his entire life... :)
His personality just keeps growing more and more every day. Oh my word he is hilARious, and I just love being around him and hearing the things he comes up with. He is SO SOCIAL...you are probably rolling your eyes because I often come across the same way, but seriously I NEED alone time and I am actually happiest when I'm alone reading a book or doing something productive like that--ha!
But this kiddo thrives around people...its actually heartbreaking at times because he sees the entire world as "his friend" and its been really hard to see him get turned down. He often gravitates to the older kids at the neighborhood playground and tags along running behind them (which I totally understand is annoying) and he's yelling out the whole time, "hi friends!! wait for me friends!!!" while they do their best to get away... :)
We've been working SO HARD on not retaliating back when someone "hurts" you (did I mention the biting incident at the gym??? UGGGGGGH...) and telling an adult instead, and Kallen has been working SO hard and doing such a great job at it. Last weekend we were at our little "City Center" where tons of kids were running on the grass, and Kallen had found a "friend" he was running with...the kid turned around and pushed him at least 3 times before he finally knocked Kallen to the ground. Oh my...it just broke my heart. Made me wonder if I'm really teaching him the right thing in not retaliating, but Brian reassured me that he's only 3 and its ok----but wow...I was seriously sad about it for the rest of the night. I know its only a SMALL glimpse into the reality of letting go of your child into the world and letting them get hurt and learning through those experiences, but sheesh... (Brian DID go tell the kid to stop pushing...) good grief!!
Otherwise, Kallen has the wildest imagination that I love. Today he "packed" his suitcase before we went to the gym and said he was "going to work" like daddy. Love it :) And he has started working on a "Responsibility Chart" that his Aunt Holly sent and it has been a lifesaver, truly! We take him for a "treat" on Saturday if he can get enough little points during the week...
Well, I meant to keep track of some of the cute things he's been doing but I ended up going on and on (and on)...oh well!!
38 weeks, so the clock is ticking!!!!
WOW, so hard to believe!!
XOXOXOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment