Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Baby Boy...


Oh my gosh, I can't believe I only have one more month with Kallen being my "baby boy"-----this time has gone SO fast!!! Although he'll always be my baby in some ways, he is growing up SO fast and is becoming so much fun-----

He currently has a very limited palate....still primarily suited to PB&J, puffins, Cliff Bars, and applesauce....he has opened up to "chicken nuggets" which slightly make me cringe but I'm trying to be relaxed about it--ha!

He currently calls me "Christy" although I redirect him to calling me MOM (good grief I only went through 24 hours of labor to get this kid here, right??!!!!!) and he calls Brian, well, Brian----sheesh!! He's REALLY into names, and goes over and over the names of all the kids in his class at "school"---its adorable.

He still LOVES trains----and can spend hours making train tracks which will especially be nice when "the baby" arrives-----he says the most hysterical things lately but I'm just getting over a cold and I can't seem to think too well this morning....

He is LOVING "Bible School" which is the BSF children's program...last week they learned about the Good Samaritan and Kallen came home telling me about how Paul fell off a donkey and got lots of band-aids :) love it! He is usually sitting at a table "eating" plastic fruit when I come to pick him up and it takes about 5 minutes for him to finally leave with me----he is needless to say, not too excited to see me. (He has actually started crying lately when I come in to pick him up from the gym childcare---sheesh!!!)

He does a LOT of talking about airplanes, the "belt" (@ TSA---he's the only person I know who LOVES TSA!! yuck!), rental cars, the enterprise bus, Hawaii, Phoenix----he's constantly asking if we're "going to Phoenix tomorrow?"----this is a well traveled kiddo...on the plane, he LOVES the masks and pours over the little "emergency handout thing"----he just stares and stares at the picture of the masks falling out of the ceiling---its a bit disconcerting, but at least I think he'll be pretty excited if we ever lose oxygen---ha! Me, not so much!!!

Well, that's a little bit about my boy lately!
Better go join him on the floor with some train tracks :)
XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awe...he is getting so big girl! Wow...number two is almost here...you must be getting excited/scare/happy all at once eh? I am so excited for y'all and I know baby 2 will turn out equally as amazing as baby 1 - because you and Brian are fabulous parents! xoxo miss you SO much

corey

Michelle said...

So good to hear from you again! I can't believe baby boy is almost here! And so glad to hear how Kallen is growing and doing so well.....he and Finley should go out to dinner together. ;)