
Ok, maybe not for most people. But for me, for sure...especially since lately I've been living out of a suitcase, AND it is the heart of the summer for us here in Houston. And I, for one, don't really believe in cooking during the summer heat. It just feels wrong on so many levels...grilling, ok. Cooking in a hot kitchen on a hot day in a hot climate, wrong.
This weekend I got very inspired. Maybe because I can feel in the depths of my being that SOON the fall is coming...or maybe being in Virginia last week, where we actually SAW changing leaves on our drive down from DC made me rebelieve that Fall DOES exist...ha!
Well, the important part of this is the recipes-----the above picture is Linguine with Shrimp and Lemon Oil which I've made before, but I always forget to get the arugula and parsley for some reason...actually remembered yesterday, and wow! Its a whole new experience when you follow the recipe :)

I also made these little guys from Smitten Kitchen, which did NOT disappoint! :) (And the whole time I've been talking about this new blog-love of mine Brian thought I was saying, "Smitten Kitten"----ha!!! Finally corrected that last night.)

AND...(I KNOW, right???!!!!) also, thanks to the Smitten Kitchen, I have this in the crock pot right now steaming away and smelling like pure amazingness in my house...I won't lie, it was a minor production getting it all together this morning. Brian for sure had to help me while I was "browning" our 5 pound brisket...wow. But now, all the hard work is done and I can sit back and waste time on my computer while Brian watches football and our dinner is cooking itself----NICE :)
So, that's it! That was my big cooking weekend...
Hope your weekend was WONDERFUL!!! :)
Much love!
3 comments:
it all looks so yummy! and, just fyi - you don't HAVE to brown the meat. the idea is that it "traps" all the flavor in...but i'm always too lazy and my meals turn out fine :-) just sayin'
YUM!!!!! I'm going to have to try these recipes!!!
These recipes look yummy! Must try !
Post a Comment