Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The 4th!!



I can hardly believe I'm caught up to the PRESENT!!! :)

Well, after a hard weekend of work last weekend, we decided that THIS weekend we needed a little break :) found a great deal on the Intercontinental on hotwire, and headed to Austin for the 4th.

This little guy has logged a LOT of hours in that car seat this summer...


I am, of course, being a great co-driver, helping Brian stay focused on the road...

We took Kallen to ride the Zilker Zephyr after walking around town lake----our ride started with Kallen crying hysterically and sobbing "no train, no train, no train"---kinda surprising for a boy who loves trains. But I guess holding a train the size of your fist and riding a train that really "choo-choo's" are 2 very different things...


Went to Barton Springs, back to the hotel for a nap, and out on the town for Kallen's FIRST fireworks!! It was so nice to be able to walk because it was CRAZY out there :)
It was one of my favorite nights----Kallen was a crazy man, running circles around our little spot--all until the fireworks started. Then he was wide-eyed and silent, just staring up at the sky----precious!!!






The next day, after coffee at Jo's, a hike at Barton Creek, BBQ at Rudy's, and some real estate huntin, we got to (finally!!!) meet our dear friends, Mike and Erin's, new little twin girls, Ruby and Tess. New, meaning that they just turned 7 months old!!! Yes, it has taken us WAY too long. I wish I had taken pictures because they are gorgeous!!!!----we all went to Ski Shores (which has been completely renovated) for dinner. It was so much fun, and a gorgeous night!! Love that sweet family!

A happy July 4th to you!!!! :)
XOXO

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the invite to join you guys.....it's just a little too late for our guy! Glad you had such fun!

beckley said...

real estate, huh?

Anonymous said...

Work HARD....Play HARDER !!!

I love how you live LIFE !!!

Unknown said...

loved seeing you! come again soon!

love, ruby + tess