Oh wow, we had a fun weekend.
Last weekend we did a little Austin trip. It was so much fun, and Kallen had a BLAST having some new little buddies to play with.
We stayed with our friends, Mike and Michelle, and their little boy Finley is a C-U-T-I-E!!! He had so many fun toys that Kallen loved (in fact, we learned how much we don't know how to share...) and it was so much fun having another mama to brainstorm with about all things "boy" & "toddler" such as sleeping, eating, traveling, playing, and on and on... :)
Kallen LOVED Finley's little race track, however, every time Finley would start moving in Kallen's direction he would clutch all of the little cars into his chest, grab the race track and run...oh dear :)
One of the reasons we came in town is because my cousin Ashlee just moved to Austin from Michigan with her husband, little boy Gavin and new baby girl, Ava. My Aunt and Uncle were in town visiting so it was like a huge Michigan reunion which was very fun!!!
And let me just tell you, Kallen was one happy boy getting to play with all of Gavin's toys----
And a bonus, I was able to swing by Becca's house on our way home one of the nights we went to visit the Michigan crew. She was one of my roommates from college (so was Michelle!) and I haven't seen her in forever--- I really wish I had pictures. Kallen was in RARE form, and Becca and Adam were SO super patient with him as he wrapped himself in their blinds, threw things across the room, tried to get ahold of their new Wii...wow :) but it was so much fun to see them.
What a great little trip :)
oh I love austin...




3 comments:
Your Austin trip sounds wonderful! I was thinking about you the entire time! I have heard from the 'family' and they LOVED having the Smith's come for a visit! Wish I could have joined in the fun! Love the pictures!
We loved seeing you! Come back soon!
OH...we LOVE Austin too! Sounds like so much fun and oh how I can relate to traveling with boy toddlers...seems like just a minute ago toddler boys were my LIFE!! And it is not just a myth, boys and girls are SO VASTLY different as my Baysil Peace keeps proving to me in her toddler years! Sounds like you are embracing the moments and I love it!
Post a Comment