Monday, May 3, 2010

Two roads diverged in a wood...


Oh I love that poem.
I'm such a super nerd at heart... :)

We went hiking last weekend on our way to Austin. The minute I step out into the woods I feel free and alive. There is pretty much no where I'd rather be than in the beauty and peace of nature---of course, my very favorite nature is the ocean, but the tall trees and smell of pine, and peaceful sound of the wind blowing makes me pretty happy...

We went to Bastrop State Park and it was just lovely, and just what we needed. After having a houseful of craziness getting our tile finished, it felt SO good to be together and to just enjoy a little hike. Mister man is getting more used to his backpack, and loves hitting Brian in the head with sticks and pinecones----


It was such a beautiful day...have I mentioned how much I love spring???!!!!





"...two roads diverged in a wood,
and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost

2 comments:

Jason, Jenni and crew said...

AWESOME!!!! Where is this place? We made reservations to go camping this weekend and I'm just hoping we're all healthy for it (Justice now has the stomache flu that I THOUGHT he had escaped getting !) I love your love of the outdoors and very much resonate with it!

Courtney said...

you guys are so cute! you're so good about being intentional to do fun trips and outings together!!!