I love World Vision.
Really, I love all humanitarian organizations that are helping to improve this crazy little world, but there is something about World Vision that has a special place in my life and heart :)
This weekend we went up to Dallas so I could go to the World Vision Experience: AIDS with some of my friends from Women of Vision. It was amazing. Really amazing. We are hoping to bring it to Houston in the Fall, and I was hoping before but I'm REALLY hoping now...
You're not supposed to take pictures but yours truly snuck a couple LITTLE ones just to give you a tiny idea without giving away anything...
I wish I could explain it. You are assigned a child, a real child, and then you literally "walk" through their experience. Each child has been affected by AIDS in some way. I was Emmanuel...
It was amazing, deep, shocking, beautiful, haunting... it was so well done. There were moments when I really felt like I was in Africa...
At one point I was waiting in the health clinic to get the result of my HIV test...
I had to hold my hand out to the nurse sitting there when I was called up...
I was negative, but some of the other children were not.
It was an amazing afternoon. Just another reminder of how different so much of the world is. Just a reminder that no matter how overwhelmed I get by all of the hurting and brokenness, it is worth it for that one person. Sometimes it feels like the hurt is so big, there's no where to even start. But it just takes one. Making a difference to just one...
It is touring all over the country...you can find locations here! Its amazing :)
3 comments:
WOW! I definitely want to know more about this passion in you...where it began, how it has grown, etc. I am stirred by what you share and look forward to hearing more. Love your heart, Christy.
wow!
I've been thinking about that a lot too recently. How big our world is and all the issues I wish i could reach out and help with. But God said "Love thy neighbor" and if I can do that, than I am advancing His kingdom in my own small way. God gave you this passion for a reason and I'm excited to see how He will use you in it.
Post a Comment