Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Road Trip

We got the best little book from Amazon the other day...day trips from Houston.
Its filled with little road trips of the surrounding area and we're hoping it gets us out exploring a little bit...

...so we started with the first trip which was up to the Tomball, Magnolia/Montgomery area. It led us to a great gardening store/nursery where we got a ton of organic fertilizer that literally made our car STINK so bad for the rest of our trip!! But it was a gorgeous day so thank goodness we were able to put the windows down!

One of the things that hard about Houston is that we miss being in NATURE---and quietness...so it was really sweet to have this park be part of our day trip---I think it was Burroughs Park. It was beautiful and had super great hiking trails...and we brought kallen's car--ha!



Kallen decided that he loves sticks---as he should :)


He especially liked running far, far away from us (like he didn't even glance back for a second...) and then we'd have to go chasing him and he'd coming running back, laughing and squealing. It was fun to be in a place where we could just let him run and run...



And as you can see, he also likes pine cones :)

Me and my baby boy...


I LOVE the huge trees...they remind me of HOME...

And then our little book even told us where to go for dinner...


I am actually really excited for our next little adventure :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun place for you to hike! Love ALL the pictures.......especially the ones of little Mister! So cute! I am so glad he doesn't have to look longingly at the other kids' cars when you go to the park any more! He fits right in now! He can park next to them! :-)

Michelle said...

That looks like such fun!

Mandy said...

Um Where can I find that book for Virginia Beach?! I LOVE your pictures!!! And I'm excited to hear about Brian's well drilling - so cool!!!! Which organization will he be doing that through? Can't WAIT to hear about the conference - I'm envious!

Mandy said...

I'm an idiot!! You said - Living Water! Can't wait to hear more about this!!

Anonymous said...

Have I said lately that ....I LOVE THAT BOY!!!