It has been an awfully long time...
Well, Kallen and I are back in Houston after an amazing trip to Florida.
This post is kinda messy---I don't really know how to do it better, so hope this makes sense :)
Cayden! Who now adorably calls Kallen, "K," and me, "Titi"---prounounced teetee :)
I have SO many great memories...
one of Kallen and Cayden's "projects"----to take out/throw ALL of the dvd's, cd's and books
...seeing my sister outside security as Kallen and I walked from our gate. I LOVE that girl.
...finding out my suitcase didn't make it because "it got held up at TSA" (?????). It IS nice that they even deliver to us "non-paying" customers--ha! :)
...seeing my BROTHER for the first time in probably a YEAR! He looks amazing---so full of life. What a sight for sore eyes. SO glad he's back!!!
...late nights hearing the amazing tales of the Appalachian Trail. Ryan was kind enough to walk us through pretty much his entire journey through pictures and ridiculous stories. That was SO incredible. It really felt like we were part of his journey. He REALLY needs to write a book.
...watching the boys (Kallen and Cayden) playing together. They are hilarious.
running, running, running...
...beautiful (cold!!!) days at the beautiful parks letting the boys and Vaca run around.
Vaca, perhaps the most amazing dog on the planet. Made it the ENTIRE Appalachian Trail (except for the few parts dogs are prohibited from...)
...just being together. Getting to know each other as adults. I love that. I hate living so far apart.
...getting to meet a lot of my sister's friends and see her community a bit. Love that.
...feeling so welcome in Matt and Holly's new home!! Its perfect! :) And on the water---wow!!
It was such a great trip. Unfortunately Kallen got sick on the way home---I could feel his temperature rising while we were on the plane, and he began having a REALLY deep cough. By the time we got home his temp was pretty high and his coughing was terrible. Brian was at the Surf Expo in Orlando (which he LOVED) with his friends Kyle Gift, and Kyle Z...so I was on my own! Pretty scary.
Thank goodness we were able to see the doctor on Friday morning, and found out Kallen has a respiratory virus (RSV), two ear infections, and croup. So he's on a ton of meds, and is using a nebulizer which is really helping, although he's still pretty sick. Poor little guy.
So, since he's contagious for a week, we are LAYING LOW. I'm sad to miss some of my "activities" this week, especially catching up with friends that I feel like I haven't seen in FOREVER because we've been traveling so much---but its kind of nice to have a reason to just relax and stay put...
oh, and HELP IS ON THE WAY!!!!! Gran, (my mom) is coming on Thursday!!!!!!! If I can just hang in till then! :)



4 comments:
I am glad you had a great trip. Sorry to hear Kallen is so sick, poor little guy. I'll pray you have all the patience and rest YOU need to care for him.
I'm coming..............can't wait! Get your running shoes on...and pass Kallen off to me! Love you! Thanks for taking such great care of our precious grandson! I love you!
so glad you had so much fun with your brother and sister! isn't it fun being adults with your siblings? :-)
and i'm so sorry about kallen! yikes! that IS scary! especially with brian gone! hope he's feeling so much better by now!
LOVE the updates!!!! I'm so sorry for you and Kallen - SO MUCH! You're amazing to manage all that on your own. I love you!!
Post a Comment