Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You just never know...

kallen and cayden...two little buds :)
One of the minor disadvantages, of the huge advantage we have, because of Brian, of getting to travel, is that when we fly, we do so standby...which means we only have a seat if one (or three) is/are empty. SO, we had this complicated but totally feasible little plan where we were going to drive next weekend to Charlotte, NC to get on a flight because the VA Beach/Norfolk flights are always full....well, I guess because of the holidays those flights ended up filling up, which meant we had to do a FAST action plan this week to get home which was super disappointing...

Not only was it so sad to leave my parents and Holly, Matt and Cayden----BUT my brother came home TODAY from his 8 month hike on the Appalachian Trail---so I missed him. That was the HARDEST part...I am SO proud of him. Over 2,000 miles of hiking---I don't even know what to say, except I am just super proud of him and miss him like CRAZY!!!!!! I can't wait to see his face, and hear his stories---I just can't even imagine what an experience he's had!...

So, all that to say, we're safe at home----after quite an eventful day of travel---we somehow got out of DC and here we are back in our little house :) I have to say, although my heart is still in VA, its been kinda nice today to unpack (well, at least start unpacking) suitcases, do some laundry, hit the grocery store and all the other things that make you feel at "home"...

But wow, miss my little brother so much!...can't wait to hear about his amazing journey...I just can't even imagine... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

MISS YOU!!

Courtney said...

oh, i'm so sorry you had to end your trip early!

Unknown said...

Cars lined up in a row. Cans of tuna and coin purses out of place. Mac and cheese and toasted cheese sandwiches. Hide and seek in the pantry. Dancin' to the bubble wash song. Hot coffee and laughter. Shared and delicious meals over raucous conversation. A calendar of rememberances. These are just a few of what we've stored away to keep us going until we see you next. We love you!! Thanks for coming to visit us! We miss you already.

Erin said...

Umm HELLO I looooooooooove Anne Lamott. Traveling Mercies is my fav. So fun to hear from you. Your child is gorgeous. Kiss kiss!