Wednesday, December 23, 2009

18 months!!!!


Well, this past weekend, the dogger turned a year and a half! WOW. So we made it another 6 months with all important body parts still intact, and for that I am very grateful.

I wish I was a better mom at keeping track of Kallen's progress and development, but at least at these bigger milestones I actually think about it :)

Kallen is FULL of energy!!! He loves to RUN everywhere, and hates being confined in any way (ie-the grocery cart, his stroller, the high chair for more than 5 minutes, etc)...

He is very independent which is still a little confusing to me. Not that he's independent, because I can certainly understand that, but figuring out how to interact with him. He doesn't really like "playing together" too much :) but will let me read to him in 5 minute increments...

He LOVES things that stack or fit together. He loves things he can push or pull, and he still LOVES lights and turning lights on and off. I mean, he LOVES lights. He can pretty much recover from the worst emotional breakdown as long as there's a light switch near! :)

He is full of babble-y talk, but not a whole lot of real words yet. I swear he used to say "apple" but I can't get him to do it anymore to save my life :) He still says "uh-oh" and "tat-tu" (thank you) on occasion, "mmmm--ah" when he wants something, or "mmm-ah, mmm-ah, mmm-ah" really fast and loud and meanly if he REALLY wants something that I can't guess correctly. I am trying to be patient with his development, but just between you and me, I'm REALLY ready for him to at least be able to tell me what he wants :) I feel like such a horrible mom when he clearly wants something that I can't guess, and he ends up in a crumpled crying mess on the floor.

All that said, we have so much to be thankful for. This guy is the light of our life. More and more we just don't know what we would do without him. He is simply precious, funny, and full of love.

This is certainly the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but more rewarding than I ever could have imagined!!!

I love you little guy!!!! Wow, can't believe you're halfway to TWO!!!....

No comments: