Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Snow at the Zoo...

The Houston Zoo had the funniest little thing this weekend...they had this "play in the snow" event we went to with Kallen. It was great because it was a gorgeous day, and got us to the zoo, but it was a kind of odd event. There was this area of "snow" probably 12-15 feet around with little kids running and playing on it. Cute idea in theory, but kind of strange in person :) Anyway, we still had a really fun day and it was in the 60's/70's which was just amazing. We certainly pay for it in the summer, but this time of year in Houston is beautiful...





Well, much more fascinating to Mr. Kallen than fake snow, was the deer near the petting zoo that makes different animal sounds when you press the buttons (its ALL about the buttons!!!!)...




And the baby goats---he really connected with the goats...



Brushing their hair...(when I was in Kenya, people would run up to me and grab my hair and yell out 'goat hair' ...I'm not kidding---it completely terrified me, because I didn't understand what they were saying...I just remembered that :) )


Checked out the little prairie dogs...


And finished our trip with sliders at the Little Bigs they've opened at the park!!! Wow, if you live in Houston, they're amazing...it was the perfect ending to our little zoo outing :)


2 comments:

Ali said...

you can have some of our snow!

Ryan said...

I'm so glad I can read up on your blog again, I missed this being away from the www.