Sunday, October 4, 2009

Phoenix

Phoenix was so amazing----Kallen and I flew in on Tuesday night and one of my best friends, Michelle, and her husband Jared picked us up from the airport. I haven't seen her in almost a year and it was SOOOO good to be able to get caught up, and just hang out together. They've moved into a new house I hadn't seen yet, and Kallen LOVED it. There was so much space for him to run around, there were stairs, a dog that was perfect size for him, and most importantly they had the kind of door handles he could OPEN!!! Hours of entertainment!! :) Of course, in all the fun of getting time with Michelle I really forgot to take any "real" pictures!...

Kallen opening the closet door---he loved this door in particular...

Playing with the pilates DVD's---we tried to finish a workout but quit halfway through---Michelle and I, not Kallen and I :)
Michelle and I after a walk in the Phoenix sun----she'd kill me for posting this picture!!! :)

Brian arrived on Wednesday afternoon, and we decided to stay all day Thursday instead of heading to San Diego---him and Jared playing football...
We sent Kallen to hang out with the guys---but I couldn't find his hat so I made him wear mine...poor guy!!
And then we had the AMAZING adventure of getting to go to the Biltmore to see one of my dear friends, Kate and her husband Geoff who live in New York...right? totally random we both happened to be in Phoenix, and we had a (fairly) relaxing afternoon laying by the beautiful pool---especially if you don't include in there having to take care of Kallen and keep him from jumping in (we didn't bring his suit!! Yeah, I have NO idea why???) I had left my camera in their condo and missed some adorable pictures so hopefully she'll post some ???!!! :) I LOVE YOU KATE---it was so good to catch up and meet her amazing husband I just love!! What a sweet bonus to our trip :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww....the adventure begins and so far it is going great!! I am thrilled that you were able to spend time with your dear friends, Michelle and Kate! You are blessed with so many amazing friends, Christy and I thank God for each of them and their influence on your life! The pictures are great! You know I can't get enough of seeing that precious grandson of ours! Keep them coming!! Looking forward to your next post, and in the meantime.....off to read, "CRAZY LOVE" ! How do you like that!! :-)

Courtney said...

JEALOUS that you got to see kate and geoff!!! she better post pics!

beckley said...

you saw kate?! fuuun!
yeah her hubby sounds very cool.

so, which bathing suit was she wearing? :)

Kate and Geoff said...

ha! the black one. Not sure if the world wide web is ready for me in a bathing suit, but I promise I will try to get pics up this week! It was so fun to see the Smiths!