Thursday, October 22, 2009

Natasha Josefowitz

The other morning, I was listening to an interview on NPR of this amazing woman, Natasha Josefowitz. She is in her 80's, and has an absolutely fascinating life and story. Was a consultant in the 70's and 80's to the FBI, CIA, General Motors, General Electric, on women entering male dominated organizations. Well, anyway, she was so super inspiring and has just written a book of poems called “Been There, Done That, Doing It Better: A Witty Look at Growing Older by a Formerly Young Person.”

I LOVE this one that she read on the air, called "Today All is Well"...

‘Today, all is well. 
Tomorrow has no guarantees. 
But today the sun is shining, 
we got up and nothing hurt. 
Today, all is well. 
We are sitting with good friends, 
not worried about the next meal or where we’ll sleep tonight.’
(By the way, if you read the newspapers, this is huge that we are, in fact, not worried.)
‘Today, all is well. 
I don’t know about tomorrow, 
so I stop whatever I’m doing 
and appreciate the fact that today, 
all is well.’


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great way to live!!

"It is well with my soul"