What a GREAT weekend...
I kinda hate to write a new post though because I LOVE seeing that beautifully serene white bedroom pop up on my blog--ha!! Oh well...
Really, we had such a nice weekend. The Smith's (Brian's family) came to visit us this weekend, Mimi, Mike and Tatum and it was so much fun! There was a LOT of playing going on around here, and I really wasn't a part of much of it, which was a nice little change...not that my life is "so hard" or anything--it was just NICE to get to do some other things...
We went to dinner together on Friday night---over to Beck's for hamburgers which were amazing as always :)
Then on Saturday morning I was able to go to a women's brunch at church---which isn't as stuffy as it sounds---it was really relaxed and a lot of fun----just a bunch of girls (a LOT I didn't know!!) hanging out for breakfast at someone's gorgeous house---which is always fun! And I got to have REAL conversations---which was truly therapeutic to my heart! It was great. Although I'll go ahead and admit, the older I get, the worse I get at "small talk." I am really terrible at it, and actually quite awkward. I just don't know what to really say to someone I don't know---that sounds so stupid, but I hate the token "what do you do?" "where are you from?" kind of questions...I know you have to start with those to get to the "real" things---but I just love really hearing someone's heart, and who they are... so anyways, just throwing that out there, that I definitely need to work on my small-talk and "getting to know you" skills!!
Then, on Saturday night Brian and I had a DATE NIGHT!!!! wooohoooo----it was so so nice! Now I know we just had a date night (well, you probably don't know about that yet, because I haven't finished posting about Guatemala---but we had a nanny for the night of the wedding...) but this was different because I didn't have to be nervous about how Kallen was doing because he was with people who LOVE him, which was just nice...
So, Brian and I went to RA Sushi for an early dinner, and then went to see (500) days of summer, which no offense if you loved it, was not really "our type" of movie---but that's ok, it was just fun to be in a MOVIE THEATER and to be out on our own on a Saturday night!! So thank you Mimi, and Tatum, and of course Mike!!
My beautiful niece (inside and out!!) Tatum...
love you girl!!!!
Mr. Man getting crazy about his burger---guess he won't be a vegan after all--ha! :)


4 comments:
Great pictures! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! So happy for you!! Enjoy your week as well! Much love, as always!! Miss you! (sorry this post is short and sweet...but Cayden just woke up) :-)!
is it bad that it made me feel better that you have a harder time with "small talk". i can't STAND it anymore!i don't have TIME for that! it's so bad! i just want REAL talk!
Hey there, just looked at your pictures again. Here are my comments:
a) can't get over how grown up Tatum is starting to look
b)love the way Kallen is going after that hamburger. You are right, he will be more like his dad and less like his Uncle Ryan.
c)Love the picture of Brian. It looks like he is hoping Kallen won't finish that hamburger! :-)
haaaa mom!!! that last comment was the best---you KNOW you are right!!!!! :)
And Court---yeah!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one---yes, exactly---time is TOO precious when you're a mom huh???!!!
xoxoxoxo!!!
Post a Comment