Thursday, September 10, 2009

An Oasis...

OH man...love this room...

Well, one of the things I decided on our trip was that our bedroom needs to be more of an "oasis"...too often it is full of folded piles of laundry, suitcases, a vacuum cleaner just dying to be used, our chairs that we STILL haven't reupholstered in the corner---just a clutter of stuff...

So after being in a very tranquil, calm room in the hotel we stayed in on the last night, I decided that I really need to "take care" of our room...

During our trip, I definitely realized I have some major sleep issues. I know I've mentioned them before, but I think I always blame it on circumstances (ie--being nervous before work, etc). Well, I've been using OTC sleeping meds lately to help me sleep, which have been awesome, but I didn't bring them on our trip, thinking I wouldn't need them because we'd be so relaxed, and I had SUCH a hard time sleeping. It was crazy!! My adrenaline just felt like it was all wound up, so that no matter how tired I physically felt, the minute my head hit the pillow my heart started to pound. Really, it was terrible...and now I feel like it is starting to effect my "quality of life" you know?? I get worried before bedtime because I don't know how things are going to go, and I absolutely HATE taking medicine--hate it!! So, I guess I need to DO something??

Any suggestions, please let me know!!

My annual appointment is due, so I guess she'd be the first person to talk to, although I do hate the idea of taking a prescription to sleep?? But I hate worse not being able to sleep!! :)

I have tried:
Eyepatches
Earplugs
Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender Linen Spray
Calms Forte (homeopathic remedy)
Melatonin
Eliminating all (well, virtually all) Caffeine
Sleepytime Tea
Chamomile
Deep Breathing (!!) :)
Yoga

...and the only thing that has worked so far?? Benadryl!! Which is actually the exact same ingredient as over-the-counter sleeping pills...funny, huh?? Well, maybe I'll keep telling myself all I need is a new bedroom... :)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

oh, friend, i had insomnia for a few months (when pat was going through the whole FBI thing) and i seriously thought i was going to go MENTAL! it's AWFUL not to be able to sleep! and i totally understand how you start to worry as night comes...i dreaded it! it's a vicious cycle! i don't have a "miracle" solution. i don't know why mine stopped...or even started...but i'll be praying for you! i'm SO sorry!