Monday, September 21, 2009

Packin Up!!...


I don't think I've mentioned yet here, but we're getting ready for a Smith family getaway...this one has been on the radar for some time, but I honestly just wasn't letting myself believe it was TRUE for some reason?? But it is, and it is another one of the reasons I love my husband SO much---he is truly one-of-a-kind!! I would have never done anything like this...so, we are about to head off to California for the whole month of October...I know!, for real :) We are so incredibly excited, and thankful for this time we get to just be a family together and then for Brian and I to get to be back in one of our favorite places on the planet...and to share it with our little guy!! We are literally going to be down the street from where Brian lived when we lived out there!!! (which is a whole other story I'll have to tell ya'll while we're out there..!)

So, next Tuesday we start heading west. Brian is driving, and Kallen and I are meeting him in Phoenix via air :) Then, he'll pick us up and we'll be on our way to Cardiff by the Sea...I still really can't believe it :) but there is certainly a LOT to do between here and there!!

We're staying in a little bungalow (1 bedroom!!) but it does have a kitchen, and a beautiful outdoor porch with a newly certified organic garden (!!--only in CA!)...and most importantly we are within walking distance from 1. the beach, 2.pipes!!, and 3. cardiff seaside market!!! 

So, needless to say we are VERY excited around here, and a little busy/frazzled trying to tie together lose ends and figure out details such as what to do with one's mail for a month, how to pay one's bills, and little household things (cleaning out the refrigerator!!!)...sooooooo hopefully I'll keep my head above water!! ha!...help!!!

Ok, on a different note, here are some little pictures from a trip we took last Friday to the Children's Museum. Kallen had SO much fun---they had a whole floor just for toddlers and babies! And possibly I should/could get an award for braving two outings amongst the general public in one week??!!! (the zoo too!) ha!! I was one tired mama!!
 
But then, Friday night, Aunt Jeri came over to watch little Kallen so Brian and I could have a date night with our friends at the Glass Wall. THANK YOU!!!!!

Kallen playing with some of the toys...

Certainly one of his favorite things was this car...its because it had a "horn" button, and then "radio" buttons that lit up---he LOVES pressing buttons---he could seriously have sat in this car ALL afternoon!!


This was adorable and totally Kallen's DREAM come true!! A toddler-sized door, complete with DOORBELL and LIGHTSWITCH!!! uh, yeah--if you know Kallen's favorite things, you know he was LOVING this little area!!! (he did try to close a little girl in the door though!)

He was so cute walking back and forth on this little "bridge" thing...



Back at the cars...he loved these little cars :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

To my dear family who NEVER stay home! :-) Have a great time in Cardiff by the Sea and enjoy some very precious memories!!
The children's museum.....absolutely PERFECT for Kallen! I am sitting here smiling at the thought of Kallen and all those buttons!! XOXO

Mandy said...

He is SO GROWN UP!!!! LOVE all that hair!!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures in California - been living vicariously through you thinking about this trip!!!

Michelle said...

Will Brian be working from CA, or are you just having a month-long vacation?? Good luck with all your final preparations!

Kate and Geoff said...

A MONTH in California?!? when do you leave? Geoff and i leave for phoenix this weekend, will we pass you in the airport??