I LOVE this picture!!!! Love you little guy!!!! :)

Although I'd SO love to live in the land of foreign vacations, and lazy afternoons--ahhhh....the real world does beckon me. And so here I am on this Thursday---trying to get back into our little groove---
Kallen and I went to the NEW doctor this morning---LOVE her!!!! I'm not sure if I'm ready to "commit" as she is 20-30 minutes away, however she is NICE, and a MOM, and she let me TALK (I don't think I mentioned before that our former ped and I did not see eye to eye, and he was certainly not open to any opinions or suggestions, or really even questions from ME...I got nervous before EVERY appt with him!!)---oh, well first things first---
Mr. Kallen got REALLY sick the night before we left Guat--woke up at midnight screaming with an incredibly high temp. A pharmacy delivered a thermometer to us (don't EVER leave your children's thermometer when traveling to a foreign country!!)...that only read Celsius, and only measured up to the equivalent of 104 degrees F----which Kallen was up to (at least!!)----the next time he woke, his arms and legs were shaking!!---it was SO super scary. So we had to get a pediatrician to come to our room in the middle of the night---who checked him out, told us he had a throat infection, and gave him some Azithromycin and told us to triple his dose of Infant Tylenol (let me just tell you they are VERY liberal with meds down there!!) :)
Sooooo....we were so scared through all this---but Kallen totally hung in there and we made it until our 3:30am "wake up" call, and miraculously got on the very full 6:30am flight and all got to sit together (wow)...
And today was just a follow-up to that whole experience...so, good news Kallen does not have the flu...I really didn't think he did since his fever dropped so fast, but you never know---and we are supposed to watch him to make sure he does get back to his normal self, otherwise she wants to do some bloodwork.
THEN, we went to Whole Foods as a reward :) This Dr is way down in Sugarland which is the bad news, but the good news is they have a new, super huge, great Whole Foods---So Kallen and I browsed around. Of course, I was only supposed to get fabric softener and dryer sheets, but ended up spending $100 on things such as Coconut Milk (?), Hemp Milk (?), a coconut (?), Baby Shampoo (ok, at least that one makes sense), a Lavender/Vanilla candle for my bedroom (more on that later)...etc, etc...
And now debating on how to organized the rest of my day---I still don't feel 100% about taking him to "childcare" at the gym, since we're not for sure he's back to normal---but I seriously haven't MOVED since we got home---so it would probably be good to "do" something---especially to help me SLEEP---(more on that later)... :)
Ok, guess that's all for now!!
Happy Thursday! :)
4 comments:
I LOVE the picture, too ......or is just that I LOVE KALLEN !!!
Happy to hear about your liking the new doctor! Praying that Kallen gets back to his normal, cute and busy self very soon!!
how scary! i am glad he is getting better and that you found a new doctor that you like.
man! high temps are one thing that FREAK ME OUT! that's awful! and having your kids sick when you're away from home is awful.
you are so cute.
i am loving these posts this week...makes me feel like i'm sitting right there talking to you :-)
LOVE your random grocery store purchases. They are so "Christy". I mean, I dont' even know what hemp milk IS and would certainly never put it in my grocery cart. Love that you did though.
Hope Kallen is getting back to his normal self! How scary!
Post a Comment