sheesh, this girl's blog is feast or famine...
I know, I know...sorry for another one but I'm on a roll. I honestly don't know what makes me better or worse at keeping up with my blog...is it directly or indirectly related to me being better or worse at my life? I'm not quite sure. Certainly this blog can become a distraction from the more impersonal tasks of my day (ie--cleaning my HOUSE, doing my LAUNDRY, cooking DINNER, etc etc--you get the idea...)...
All that to say, I must recommend this book by David Sheff, Beautiful Boy. I just finished it, my sister Holly told me about it, and it is incredible.
I won't lie, its very intense, and at times dark. But an incredible story of addiction and I think it would be really helpful for any parent to read. Any person, of course, but especially as a parent I think it is good to better understand this illness, and the people it effects.
Ok, seriously that's got to be all for today.
I MUST make dinner, and finish the LAUNDRY, and clean this crazy HOUSE---it has exploded!!
No comments:
Post a Comment