Friday, April 3, 2009

Day of Reckoning...

Not only am I...
STILL DOING MY TAXES!!!!!!

Actually I think I'm surrendering and sending them on to a professional...I just don't know enough about the rules when it comes to deductions...and I don't want to cheat, but I definitely DON'T want to overpay!!!

Also I've realized this morning that I really immediately need to:

1. Change my name on my Social Security Card (its STILL Christy Seltzer!!)

2. Renew my passport that expires on April 14th (anyone knows what happens if it expires??)

3. Get Kallen's BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!! (I think I read that if its over a year, there are major problems/paperwork/etc etc---and we're getting close)...

4. Get Kallen a passport (which first I think he has to have a Birth Certificate to prove he was born I guess??). We have a wedding in Guatamala in September...

5. Order a new MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE cause I can't find mine, and apparantly I need it to change my name on my Social Security Card...


Did I mention that I still haven't finished my taxes???!!!! :) ha!

Oh, and that I'm getting round 2 of the Texas Spring Illness...I have my first Tri tomorrow morning and I'm pretty sure it would be stupid of me to do it...things have moved to my chest, and I'd probably drown from respiratory distress during the swim anyway...should I still go down there to at least get my t-shirt????!!! ha!!! Good grief!!!!

Much love,
and at least its FRIDAY!!!!!

(and ps...my mom is flying in Sunday afternoon so I can work next week---yeah!!!!!----help is on the way!!!! I can't wait---)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Christy - you are hilarious!! So, from personal experience, the IRS doesn't come after you if you haven't changed your name on your social security card. It took me seven years. And, the only reason I had to change my social security card was because I had to renew my drivers license. And I highly recommend professionals doing the tax bit - every year I actually do my own calculation, and I'm always way off from what our CPA comes up with. I used to think I should be able to do our taxes, but no - too much for me! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Michelle said...

We have loved using Turbo Tax...you can download it for a fee and it's pretty user friendly. Probably will cost you less than sending to a professional, unless you have a particularly complicated return. Also, I just ordered Finley's birth certificate online...just go to www.vitalchek.com. It cost $33. Good luck with everything!

Christy said...

thanks michelle!!!!
maybe you should make a "new" career as a professional organizer for mothers!!!!!! :)

Courtney said...

oh no! i'm sorry you're sick and couldn't do the tri - stink! did you get the shirt? i would have :-)