It has been a tough week to post...don't know exactly why?? But right now I am removing myself from the room that Kallen is in...I feel bad about it---that I can't figure out what he needs, but I think we both need a little time apart...there's something about "this time" (5:30 to be exact...well 5:30-7:30) that has been REALLY tough lately. He just totally falls apart, and none of our usual tricks work. And Brian is usually gone, and I am usually at that point where there's not a whole lot left. So, as I am typing, poor sweet baby is screaming in the other room...seriously, I've tried everything...I think its his little teeth, maybe?? I don't know, but I do know that Mommy needs a time out...
Sooooo....in the past week....we've gone swinging with Aliki and her mom Liberty...

Kallen received his FIRST Valentine from Gran (my mom)...
Mike and Mimi (Brian's parents) came in town so Brian and I could have, not one, but TWO date nights in a row!!! Two dinner parties with friends, that were so so fun, and just what we needed. The first one was with our friends, Corey, Glen, Katie and Nathan---forgot to take pictures, but we are doing a monthly "dinner club" and this month was AWESOME!
Then on Valentine's we went to a gorgeous dinner at my friend Liz's (the Train Station owner)...she has such a way of making things beautiful, and elegant, and FUN all at the same time. It was such a great night with new friends and old friends...it was the perfect way to celebrate Valentine's!
Sunday we just relaxed and took it easy...the sun finally came out (it had been a pretty gloomy wkend) and we worked out in the yard which was actually a lot of fun...went to church Sun night...took a warm little bath...and took it easy!...so, that's been our life pretty much lately...tomorrow is my FIRST day BACK at work!!! I'm going to work part-part-time at The Train Station that opened up over here, and I'm really excited...a little nervous...my first client tomorrow is at 5:30am!! wow!!
Well, it sounds like Mr Man actually fell asleep, guess he wore himself out...wow. what a day :)
6 comments:
Oh to live closer so that I could 'really' give you a time-out...and what a fun time it would be for me!!! It is so hard living all of these miles apart, but I faithfully keep you in my thoughts.....and in my prayers!! Take heart sweet one....this too will pass!
A) he is ridiculously cute. love the tongue in the bath tub. i need to know him!
B) yes, i remember this stage. is it the pairing down from 3 naps to 2, maybe? we called it the 6pm scream. i couldn't figure it out. he ended up needing a nap at 6pm, which was weird, and he still went to sleep at the same time. happened from 3-2 naps and then again a 2-1 naps. i used to put him in his high chair and put it in front of the tv with baby einstein---so he was safe with the 3 point harnass and i could make dinner slightly not in the same room for a little space. it worked. and then we knew to recognize it with belle.
it's hard, isn't it? it's so hard.
but you're good at being a mommy, sister.
and i love you. and grace and peace to you-
hugs,
r
does your friend "liz"
live in a RESTAURANT!?
holy cow! are those
her real chairs?
i love having friends
that can really pull it together.
in awe of them.
and you, my noodle.
you are doing a great job.
with all of it.
and i love being able
to read and share LIFE
with you : )
via the INNER-NET!
good luck at WORK!!
5:30am is night time
but hey! you do what
you gotta do!
loveyou!!
hey- i'm up with you at 5:30 am! fun, huh? ;-)
and sorry about that crazy evening time. it's the worst. and SO hard when brian isn't there to help. i know. i do it often too...i wish i had a magic trick...but i don't.all i can say is "i know"
love you!
The picture of Mike and Kallen is a 'keeper'....should be printed and framed (if the hands taking a picture can be cropped out)!
I love the park you were swinging at....it looks more green and with trees that we don't see in Austin...which I miss!! We'll have to come visit to check out Houston!
Post a Comment