Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Peas on Earth...


I don't know why I think that's so funny---I always laugh in my head when I see that on a bumper sticker...or "imagine whirled peas"...I LOVE that one! Ha!


Well, I'm still at home, its 9:30 am and I was supposed to be on an 8:00 flight to Charlotte, but of course it was foggy like crazy here and flights are in a disarray. So here I am at home waiting on "plan B"---but this has been such a GOOD thing for me...I am SUCH a control freak and its so hard when things don't go how I've planned. AND, I just can't believe Christmas is only a week away! Because I just don't feel that way in my heart.



This is my FAVORITE time of year...I love having peace, joy, and love fill our home and hearts, but I'm just not always so good at taking my "ideals" and making them reality :) Anyone who knows me knows I'm pretty high strung---in a wierd way---I'm definitely not the "workaholic" type--my house is usually somewhere on the continuum of becoming a natural disaster, but Brian always jokes me that I have gerbils running in my head pretty much 24/7...its not pretty! I am ALWAYS thinking---yeah, sometimes that's a good thing but most times it just wreaks emotional havoc :)



So here I am with our "oh so perfect" plan that fell apart---and I have to just realize, "oh yeah, I'm not in control and I've GOTTA LET GO!" Its just not worth fighting and trying to be perfect so everything will go the way I pictured it in my head...


So, I'm ready to start "adventing"---letting my heart be filled with love, joy, and mostly---PEACE....not in an "ideal" way that will never happen, but really....just stinkin STOP and BREATHE and soak in the moment instead of planning for the NEXT moment...laughing at my mistakes, shushing those crazy voices (do ya'll have those?) that are constantly reminding me of where I'm failing, opening my heart to loving, REALLY loving those around me---those I know, and those I don't know. Giving to others, being thankful for all that I have---it is SUCH a beautiful time of year. And yes, I want to be like this ALL year---but for now, its enough to just focus on today---on being a little more still today---still in my heart even when my life can't slow down---still in my head---relaxing a little and breathing in life....



Ok, gotta go finish drying my hair---trying for another flight at noon :) but this time I'm not counting on anything and I'm gonna go with the flow!



Much love!!
Happy Wednesday :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well put, my dear daughter! I think we can all learn something from your heartfelt words! I love you! ....and 'peas' on earth to you, too!

Michelle said...

I definitely battle those voices in my head...who try to convince that I am failing, that I haven't done enough, that things will never be different. Thanks for being honest in your struggle so that we can battle for joy and peace together! I hope you make it to VA soon!

beckley said...

i love your gerbils.
always have.
always will.
who are you without your gerbils?
:)

Courtney said...

oh, i have the voices and gerbils too! maybe we got them at JMU?!? love you!

Kate and Geoff said...

We must have gotten them at JMU, Courtey, you are totally right. Or the day that God decided we would be girls. They are constant, but it is good that we have husbands that remind us to calm the heck down and breathe.