Monday, November 10, 2008

Top 10...

...things I love about being a MOMMY!


10. Still not being able to believe I'm a mom...thinking that I'm just playing grown up and then realizing that he's REALLY my little boy!

9. Already mentioned this one, but definitely waking up Kallen from any form of sleep...his little groggy eyes, his BIG stretch and then his HUGE grin...SOOOOO cute!

8. Not having to wake up at 4:50am for work any more---oh wait!, what? I'm actually waking up more frequently and earlier??? ok, just kidding on that one! :)

7. Watching my husband and his little guy!

6. Realizing that life is going to continue past me...that I get to be a part of a little person's LIFE..wow, that's just so amazing.

7. Getting to buy children's books! So nostalgic! I especially love Richard Scarry books (remember those?) and of course Dr Suess!

6. The smell of Kallen's little head...a mixture of spit up, hair, sweat, and Burt's Bees all in one...

5. Definitely feeling like my life is going by fast, but not having to live at the FAST pace I used to live at...cause honestly I can't...especially since right now Kallen has to take a nap after every 2 hrs he's been awake.

4. Dreaming about Kallen's life and knowing that he can truly be WHATEVER he wants to be...just smiling thinking about the possibilities...

3. Having a new respect for my body--just can't believe that he grew inside of me, and that I'm sustaining him with my body--incredible!!!

2. Watching Kallen get excited about ANYthing...oh, I just love when he throws his hands up and gets a huge giggle and smiles...and then sighs...oh, I just LOVE that!

1. Having a new GREAT excuse for taking a nap in the middle of the day and NOT FEELING GUILTY about it!!! ha! :)

(ok, yeah I just noticed that I did 7 and 6 twice...oh dear :) that's my brain these days!)

3 comments:

Christy said...

you are so great! I love your grateful mommy moments. Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

That's a wonderful list. And don't worry about repeating the numbers...that just means you have a top 12 reasons you love being a mommy!

Write Softly said...

Love your top 12 reasons!! You help me remember to be grateful for even the tough parts -- like intense sleep deprivation. :)