Tuesday, October 7, 2008

San Diego...



Wow...what a weekend! I had no idea how badly I needed that :) We got to take our FIRST family vacation and it was so relaxing and great to be together, the three of us, in a beautiful place we love so much!! Brian and I have a tradition that every year for our anniversary, we take a trip. Well, this year our anniversary fell the weekend Brian had his training in Phoenix so we had to postpone things a little---so we got to go to CA THIS weekend! It was fun and beautiful, but more than anything it was so special to be the three of us---no phone calls, no chores, no bills to pay...just getting to play together...here are some of our pictures..



Kallen VERY early in the morning at the airport to catch our flight!! What a good sport! :)





Kallen's first look at the OCEAN---wow!!! During a gorgeous sunset, none the less :) We actually stayed in a little town right on the coast called Solana Beach. Its one town south of Cardiff where we used to live...and this beach was a 2 minute walk from our hotel, down the cliffs. Amazing!!




One of the best parts about where we stayed was that we could walk EVERYWHERE---that was so much fun! Here we are walking from Solana Beach down to Cardiff...






Saturday morning there was a surfing competition we went and watched---it was surreal just being there with the salty air and huge waves...even little kids were competing!! Kallen definitely liked getting to ride in the Baby Bjorn. I think it made him feel like a grown up being at our level :) at least that's what I told myself! :)





Of course we HAD to get in some College Football on Saturday---Kallen really likes kicking back and watching the games with Brian---no, seriously! He'll just sit and watch--its hilarious! :) I think I definitely got outnumbered when it comes to weekend activities this fall!





As you can see Kallen got his first hat---yeah we all got REALLY burned while we were there. Definitely tourists!! :)




We got to hike Torrey Pines State Park, which we had actually never done before---don't know why?? And it was gorgeous!! Again, Kallen loving his Baby Bjorn!! :)









These are seriously some of the parks that kids get to play at out there--by the way there were kids EVERYwhere! Definitely didn't notice that when we lived there. Guess our perspective is a lot different these days!! The kids get to literally slide down slides and swing on swings while looking out over the pacific ocean...I mean, really???!! And yeah, Kallen is totally asleep in that last picture!






And here we are on our last day...at our favorite breakfast spot--Pipes!! Yum--it was so sad to have to come home, back to reality!! I feel like this was really a confusing post---but at least there are pictures!! I'm on a BUNCH of meds today cause my ears wouldn't clear last night on the plane (for those of you who know my history with ear trauma AND drama you totally understand! ha!!) SO my head's a little spinny but I'll try to write better later!! Love to everyone from the Smiths!!




"Don't take me back to Houston!!! " :)



By the way, did I mention that our AC broke today???!!! Guess we're back to reality!! :)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

looks so fun! and you look so great! and i'm so sorry about your ears...i remember...

Anonymous said...

What a nice weekend you had...it was worth waiting for, I am sure! Happy to see Brian finally has something he can wear and carry Kallen. He looks like a natural! As for Kallen....do they get any cuter !! He looks so refreshed and happy after his first vacation! Love the socks...but really LOVE the hat ! Perfect for our little surfer dude !

Michelle said...

I'm glad you had such a fun and relaxing vacation together after your crazy last few weeks! I hope your ears clear up soon....no more trips to the emergency room for that!

Ryan said...

hey i remember Pipes, had a great breakfast burrito with you two there. That trip will still go down as my first trip to the west coast! wish i was there to enjoy it with you this time. love the baby bjork? bjorn?

Kate and Geoff said...

so glad you guys got to get away...that is such a treat. LOVE the pics of Kallen just chillin' and watching some football. adorable.