So today was Kallen's 4 mos appt---yeah, I know we're a little behind since he's pretty much 4 1/2 mos...but its all good cause we GOT there which is what really counts!! (Actually the Dr was kinda stressed we were late--good grief!) Things look good...he's pretty long, 26.25 inches which is in the 8oth percentile (right, that actually means NOTHING to me!!!) but he's a little skinny!! :) 13lbs 14oz, which is the 15th percentile...poor little guy! No wonder all his pants fall down!! :)
Sooooo...we're starting cereal to put on some pounds---that's fun!!! :)
But I'm not sure if any made it in!!
4 comments:
I was happy to read it was 'cereal' and not 'spit up' this time! :-) He looks like a healthy boy to me ...and oh so cute!
hang in there...the cereal is just a "fun" game at first :-)
LOVE those cute little pants of his!!!
I got a few bibs at showers that have a "catch the crumbs" part at the bottom. Now I'm banking on all of Graham's extra food falling directly in there. That will happen right?!:) I'll get you one of those!!
my kids (after 4months)weighed in heavily at the 5th percentile (from J98th and B50th) on a heavy day. always have. just saying. and those houston doctors are especially nasty about it. tried to treat belle as failure to thrive for weight only, although her grandmother is 4ft11 and she is built just like her. nevermind every woman in my fam was 16-17 lbs at a year. (jackson was 18lbs/year) when jackson turned 4 months, he started MOVING, and lookey there, he went from 98th to 8th percentile. the ohio docs weren't worried. we are not big people. but houston docs freak out---it's big pharm country, and they want to fix him fast. they wanted belle on daily ensure, which i just totally ignored after further research incl. Dr Sears info. if your need a natural-solution ear, i'm here.
so i don't know if you know anything about natural foods and exercise :), but they tend to produce smaller people sometimes. both my kids are natural eaters, tiny and fantastic. only worry if you think you should. :)grace and peace, sister.
Post a Comment