I wish I had pictures from today---I know that really the best part about a blog are the pictures...at least that's MY favorite part! I wish there could have been a camera following me today--well, not really cause I would hate to actually have a camera following us and our craziness, but what a day! Those of you who really know me (ok, I guess if you're reading this you REALLY know me!!) :) know that I'm always running just a little bit behind and I'm pretty lucky to show up RIGHT at the time I'm supposed to. Well, having a little one has made this a bit more complicated!
Here's a picture of Kallen napping, in case you're getting bored...not that this would help :) I still don't have my camera :)
So today I am going to meet two new friends (from our playgroup...which presently consists of me and these two friends...) at an event at our downtown movie theater called the "crybaby matinee"---which is pretty cool cause you can bring your baby, not be stressed if they start to cry, they have a changing table etc etc to make things easier. Pretty good idea.

Well, first off of course Kallen only slept in one hour increments last night, so I'm a little frazzled anyway. I just HAD to see Dara Tores swim this morning, and then Kallen usually sleeps from 10-1 (his ONLY consistent sleep schedule) but I had to be downtown at 11:45---so literally getting in the shower at 10:50, waking Kallen at 11, throwing some clothes on him, hopping in the car (meanwhile the girls have called to say they got to the theater early) navigate my way downtown which to me is SUPER confusing :) and I'm too cheap to pay for valet, and can't figure out how to get in the parking garage so I find a meter on the street that's super high-tech and crazy (whatever happened to the old-school change meters??) can only figure out how to get 2 hrs, run to the theater sweating, and everything's cool, the movie hasn't started....(I'M starting to get bored with this story, so no pressure to keep reading!!)
Here's another picture---definitely 2 weeks old--the picture is, not Kallen...
The girls are so awesome and encouraging and gracious and totally make me feel better about my wet hair and the fact that NONE OF MY CLOTHES FIT---at all!!! Can't even pull them up past my knees--grrrrrrr! Kallen's a little fussy during the movie, has TWO dirty diapers in a row, spits up all over my dress--but hey, I'm cool---its all good cause I'm a good mom, right?? Until I realize that my 2 hrs of parking are up----Kallen's awake and kicking so I can't leave him with the girls so I put him in a sling, and run out to fill the meter. Well, apparently there's a 2 hr time limit so when I put in my credit card it won't let me get more time---there's another space just ONE block ahead, I can see it from where I'm standing---but I don't have my car seat---oh yes, so I pull a Britney (as I later learned from one of my friends, is what it's called). I was sweating, panicking, and so I laid him on the back seat, somehow strapped a seat belt around his little body, and drove as slowly as I could to the parking spot. Really, I did this!! Paid the meter, ran back into the theater (WITH Kallen!) just in time for everyone to be walking out as the credits were rolling---ha! What a day!!! Life is SOOOOOOO different! I just had no idea.... :)
3 comments:
I am sure that all who read this latest entry have a vivid picture in their minds of our 'dear' Christy ! Kudos for effort, sweetie !!! I am truly impressed that you are getting out! Believe me, it does get easier! As for the 'Britney Spears' move, don't think I would do that one again (spoken like a true grandma), however,it seems like these things only happen to you! :-) Kallen's life is going to be a real adventure with you and Brian at the helm and he will love every minute of it. You're doing great!
Oh christy, I'm sorry your day was so crazy! But you made it and I'm sure it will just get easier as you figure it all out! I hate driving downtown too...I cannot parallel park!
ha! LOVE it! especially him in the back seat with a seatbelt...it's amazing they survive with us as their moms, isn't it?? you're doing GREAT!!! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment