Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Quinoa Summer Salad



This is by no means my attempt to join the recipe writing crowd---in fact, this doesn't even qualify as a "true" recipe but it was awesome and I want to remember how to make it!!! Its a slight hodge podge of a few different recipes I've seen. I am LOVING quinoa...its fast and easy to make and super healthy, so basically a win-win, right??? And with 2 on my hands (kiddos), its harder and harder to actually have the time to sit down and eat, so its super awesome to have something in my fridge that's already made!!!! Seriously, that makes my day!

Quinoa Summer Salad

ingredients:
1 cup quinoa (rinse well, cook with 2 cups of water, bring to boil and simmer for about 15 min)
1-1 1/2 cups chopped tomato (I chopped mine pretty small and used 3 Roma Tomatoes)
1/2 green bell pepper chopped fine (you could use more, I just don't really like GP too much)
1 can Organic Garbanzo Beans/Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
2 T fresh lemon juice (more or less depending on your taste...I used 2 lemons)
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Sea Salt to taste (fine or coarse)

Mix together in a large bowl and enjoy!
I topped mine with some avocado and it was really good!

XOXO!!

No comments: