Monday, September 26, 2011

Home Management Binder

Oh my word, I can't tell you how THRILLED I am about this!!! How have I never heard of this idea before??? I usually keep a spiral notebook with me and take it everywhere I go with random notes, budget, grocery lists, workouts, things to do lists, etc etc etc...and its great, but this is SO much better!!! I first heard about a home binder/mom notebook on Flair for Home, and loved the idea. Then, on (my latest new nap time hobby) pinterest, got even MORE ideas and now, here it is!!!

It is so nice to have everything in one place, and I like to have a LOT going on in my life, which can quickly lead to organizational disaster!!! I take this everywhere I go, and it has been so helpful keeping all the parts of my life straight. I'm going to do my best to link to all of the GREAT downloads people shared with me. I'm such a sucker for these downloads----I LOVE them---all the charts, lists, etc etc--they make me so happy----HA!

Here are my sections:
1. Monthly Calendar in front (from TomKat studio)
*2. Daily Docket/To Do List (from Simple Mom---LOVE this, and the website!! All of her downloads are found here.)
3. Week at a Glance/2 Week Schedule (from Mommy Tracked/The Project Girl)
4. Monthly Menu Planner & Weekly Grocery List (from Organized Home and Simple Mom)
5. Cleaning Checklist/Plan (from Simple Mom)
6. Birthday/Anniversary Calendar (from the Project Girl-I also have a 3 ring velcro envelope type thing behind it for cards and stamps that I got from Target)
7. Personal Goals & Growth- this one is still in the making...right now I have a goals worksheet from Simple Mom, and the yoga class schedules from my gym, and a worksheet from One Thousand Gifts in it. I'm sure it will be evolving regularly...)
8 & 9. Kallen- Parenting & School Ideas- (so far I have a manifesto from A Holy Experience, the kids activity schedule from our gym, and soon I'll add our very LIGHT preschool curriculum in there (we are still on SEPTEMBER from last year!)
10. House Projects and Ideas- a place to keep all the pictures I tear out of magazines. I just put them in 3 ringed clear page protectors.
11. Recipes to Try- also have a 3 ring velcro envelope type thing from Target here for recipes I tear out of magazines.

I'll still need a few more sections but I'm gonna stop for now :) I'm so grateful for all of the online resources!!! Especially from Simple Mom, Organized Home (TONS of great forms here!!!!!), Honey We're Home, and the Project Girl. Oh, and I'm also keeping finances separate, so I'm not carrying around all of that sensitive info with me everywhere I go---bad idea! :)

XOXOXO!!!

4 comments:

Courtney said...

wow. that is HUGE. like, i can't IMAGINE how much time that took! GOOD STUFF!

Unknown said...

Wow girl! You are an inspiration! What a great idea :)

Ali said...

awesome! thanks for sharing

Michelle said...

Be still my heart.....you know I LOVE a good binder!!