On our drive this summer from Texas to Virginia (!!!), Brian & Kallen & I stopped at Whole Foods in Raleigh, and there was a really nice guy doing a Vita-Mix demo, so we decided to splurge and finally buy one (its been on our (VERY LONG) wish list forever!). Its been in the box for most of the summer, but now that we're home, I'm trying to learn how to use it--I've had to experiment a bit but I'm getting the hang of it, and I LOVE it!!!
Considering that smoothies are one of the only ways I can get Kallen to eat anything other than PB&J (seriously!!) I like to load them up as much as I can!
Today's smoothie was really good!!:
1 Orange, peeled and broken in half
1 Mango, peeled and pitted
1 Cup fresh blueberries
1 Cup Fage Yogurt
1 Cup Frozen Bananas
1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
2 big handfuls of Spinach
1 T chia seeds soaked in water for a few minutes
1 T flaxseed oil
a little water to blend
It turned out SO good!!! Full disclosure, the color wasn't beautiful, but it tasted awesome!! Next time I may add a little less water and maybe a little ice instead!! I think you could make this recipe in any good blender!
Much love :)
XO!!
1 comment:
ooooo you got a Vita Mix???? We have wanted one for SO long! That's it - we must buy one and bring it to Trinidad! Can't wait to see all of the amazing future recipes!! so fun
xoxo from Trinidad
Post a Comment