Monday, March 7, 2011

ohhhh my....

Its been a while. I don't even know where to start.

We are enjoying a "quieter" schedule and staying in town more than I think we ever have which has been super sweet. Trying to slow down a bit and live a little more day by day and not dreaming *quite* so much about the future, although if you know us, you know its still part of our DNA---ha!

Had some sweet time with friends this weekend...a birthday party, a "parents-only" baby shower (THANK you Jeri!!!!!), reconnecting with dear friends from Virginia...

Love you Courtney Bassett!!

So precious :)

And this little guy over here is CRAZY pants!!!
Every day its a new adventure...and I don't mean a "structured adventure" like the zoo, or the playground---I mean, every time I turn around something has been destroyed :) every time I turn around there is a potential accident about to happen. Kallen keeps me on my toes, and that is an understatement for sure...

Yes, he put himself in a kennel a few wks ago...

Chillin by the pool @ Lost Pines...

I probably shouldn't tell you about the fact that we LOST him on Friday night (quite literally) at city center, where they have a huge lawn in the middle of all the restaurants...he was running and playing with all of the other kids, and I blinked and he was gone---in the dark---and all sides are lined with busy streets and people driving like crazy and not paying attention. I have NEVER felt like that before (ok, maybe when we lost him in DC)----wow. Finally found him trying to climb into the fountain with the huge basin of fire in the center. Seriously...


Yeah, pretty normal to find him on the counter with his vitamins that taste like candy...thank goodness for the "child proof lid" but who knows how long that will keep him out!!

So, that's what's been going on over here----the weather is gorgeous which I FULLY appreciate. I know it won't last forever, so trying to spend as MUCH time outdoors as possible!
Now if I could just transport all of you HERE---it would be perfect!! HA!!
Much much love!
Enjoy this Monday!
XO

5 comments:

diane smith said...

Oh my gosh!!! I sooooo needed that laugh this morning. What a sweet little monkey. Miss you guys so, so much.

beckley said...

yup.

life.

belle can now open the vitamins.

the lost feeling is the worst.

love you-

Anonymous said...

Just want to say that I would like to buy that sweet, but perhaps a bit wild..boy in the kennel !! He is unique, and that is what makes him so special!!

PS...don't let him out of your sight! :D

Bassett said...

Good to see you guys too! Wish we had some more time before Eliott melted down! :)

Courtney said...

So thankful for even our brief time together! What a gift! Crazy to hear about your little guy all over the place - makes me *slightly* nervous about our busy boy and what he'll be into next. xoxo