Friday, January 7, 2011

SOUPS


I'm on SUCH a soup kick!!! Which is good for my methodical brain, although it would probably drive most people crazy---I really like to figure something out before I move onto the next thing (well, not always...but sometimes...) so this soup thing is making me incredibly happy. I've really wanted to figure out my crock pot and how to cook more than pot roast in it----and, well, here we are with two soups in one week.

The first was the one I already told you about...the Smitten Kitchen Black Bean Soup, and let me just reiterate that it was AMAZING. Now, Brian did only eat it as a "side" to his pizza, but I LOVED it as a full meal. I topped it with Monterey Jack cheese, avocados, plain greek yogurt (you can totally use sour cream if that grosses you out---or omit completely), and cilantro for an extra kick of green. Really, its gonna be a staple in the winter, it was so good!!

Then, last night I made this Crockpot Lentil and Veggie Stew that was so so yummy (if you like that sort of thing...) I have been looking everywhere for a lentil soup I could make in my crock pot and here it appeared, with more veggies than I could have ever imagined throwing in there----it is so so so good. Now, I'm pretty sure that when Brian's out of town he's gonna order as much MEAT as possible...and all Kallen wants these days is peanut butter & jelly, but hey, I'm liking these soups on these freezing cold (60 degree) days!!!

No comments: