Friday, December 31, 2010

The Year in Review...

Well, my dear son hasn't eaten breakfast yet (10:15) but I fear if I don't sit down for one second, this blog is going to shrivel up and die!!!

I have been hoping in my head to post faithfully on our entire holiday season, but alas its December 31st and things have been awfully quiet around here. I must say, it was VERY nice to look back to last year, when I couldn't remember what in the world we did for Christmas----blogs are definitely very helpful that way!!!

Well, briefly I must say that 2010 was full of many many blessings... not BLESSINGS, but, blessings----meaning just grace in the ordinary....in my mistakes as a mom, in our mistakes as a couple, in the mundane aspects of the day to day----diapers, groceries, cleaning (or not), budgeting (or not), cooking (or not), I am so very thankful for every moment. The moments I'm proud of and the moments I'm not so much----

It is a complex thing, this "stay at home" thing----the best of times and the worst of times. I mean, I go to my job in my PJ's, have the luxury of drinking coffee as much as I'd like, go to the gym, meet up with friends, etc etc and yet there is this strange complex aspect where you wonder where your life is going, "what you're going to be when you grow up" (have I ever NOT wondered that??? sheesh!!), whether you're investing in your child/ren in a way that is truly purposeful and meaningful....well, those are the hamsters that seem to run through my head...

But in the midst of THAT there is so much grace lavished on us in this home. I am so very thankful for my husband who stands beside me and loves me throughout, supporting me as I rush to tell him about one of my "major problems at home" while he is trying to deal with gate agents, mechanics, delayed flights and angry customers (I always forget to ask him what is going on before I dive into my plight re: the crazy lady at yoga class...)

I am so very blessed by this crazy child of mine-----oh wow he makes my day. I wish I could describe him in words but its just impossible. He never ceases to amaze me, challenge me, bring me to hysterical laughter. Love this kid...

And we just returned from some great time with both of our families...one of my highlights in Virginia was my dad's retirement (pictured above---I did NOT mean for this to go ON SO LONG...) which was just perfect. So proud of him. More on that later...

All (ALL) this to say, 2010 has been perfect----in all of its ups and downs, just perfect. I am so very thankful for all of the love and support that surrounds me...and for YOU.

Best wishes for a NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!
XOXOXOXO :)

2 comments:

debra parker said...

You are so fun. Let's plan to see each other more in 2011.

Unknown said...

Happy New year Christy!! I have to mention it, did you notice Kallen's stategically placed hand in that picture above? Hilarious!