
Well, apparently September 2-8 is "goal week"----ha!!! I've been just a (LITTLE) behind on life lately and I'm just finding this out today but that's ok, because its NEVER too late to set a goal!
I'm TERRIFIED of goals----well, really I'm terrified of failure which goals give you the opportunity to experience failure...no goals, no failure...yes, that is how I like to live my life. I call it the "safety zone"...
What I'm LEARNING though, is that if you want to live life FULLY you kind of have to make goals...or at least I do, to get to where I want to go. I set a (big---for me!) goal for August that I didn't reach and at first it just confirmed what I originally believed...that I HATE goals b/c they just set me up to fail...but on further thinking/talking to friends about this, I'm learning that its OK to not reach your goal...its better to have a goal that you don't reach, that pushes you, than to not have a goal at all...well, all that to say I'm loving the resources at lulu to help learn and motivate towards goal setting...check it out!!! (I LOVE this post on failure!!!!!!!!)
XOXOXO!
5 comments:
Love these quotes:
"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we hit it." ~Michelangelo
"What you get by achieving your goal is not as important as what you 'become' by achieving your goals." Zig Zigler
You are growing....and I LOVE that! Love you, too!
so...what was your goal?? :-)
my goal is to get you to disconnect this da*% music on here.
ha.
=)
I hear you on living in the "safety zone". I like it there too. Geoff always reminds me though that by standing on the sideline, I'm risking just as much as not stepping out into the field, and that it's not actually safe there. Because I'm losing out on all the things that could happen if I stepped out. And that's the risk you take in the safety zone.
Am proud of you lady! Fear of failure/dissappointment has been a big theme for me lately. I'm empathizing with you! Goals are good! xo
Your "I will ___, by ___" reminds me of how you should end every meeting with a "by-by." That is, by whom and by when! When everybody is assigned a task to be accomplished by a specific date, then you have accomplished a productive meeting!
Post a Comment