Monday, September 27, 2010

And, life...



I'm still halfway through my "Michigan" post, because it takes my pictures so long to download :)But while I'm taking a break from that, I am oh so happy to be enjoying LIFE on a regular Monday with no place to be, in my OWN HOME...

Had a lovely time this weekend, out in the beautiful country with women from my church-----it was gorgeous. Sometimes I forget how much I LOVE: green, blue skies, fresh air, a huge harvest moon, seeing the stars, wildflowers, sweet time with other women. It was really refreshing. I led a segment that was a workout and it was crazy and fun. I was expecting, oh, maybe 5 women. And yes, I would say at least 30 showed up-----I was NOT prepared for that. So it was a bit scattered, I'll admit, but everyone was great and it was really fun!

And this morning, Kallen and I started a little "kind of pre-school-ish" program that we're going to do together. We tried to trace lines, and clap to a song, and paste squares, and throw bean bags in a bucket, and read about Jonah and how much God loves us. It was sweet and lasted all of 10 minutes-----then he was off and running! Not so much how I had pictured it in my head---ha!

We had a lovely trip to target today----can I tell you that this morning was in the 60's???!!!!!!!!! Like chilly 60's! And you can only appreciate that if you know just HOW hot September was. So this weather makes errands extremely enjoyable...


Well, hope you're having a wonderful Monday...
Much love!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Monday, sweet Christy! Love the idea of a little 'pre-schoolish' time with Kallen...and hey...10 minutes...perfect! However, please don't leave us hanging! What happened between picture #1 and picture #2 ?
Not exactly what I want to see ! xoxo

Courtney said...

i love your preschool time! sounds perfect. 10 minutes is all they can do :-)

Mandy said...

Are you using a particular book for your preschool time? Share, share!

Michelle said...

Yes, please tell us where you're getting your preschool ideas! And YES, this cooler weather is awesome!