Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Just sayin...

Had to take MY first time out today.

WOW.

I know they say three's are harder...but the two's are hitting us pretty hard.

We've had about 5 kicking and screaming tantrums today...
...more than half of them in public. Lovely.

Trying to figure out what I should be in all of this.
Just stand back and watch? Let him work it out?
Try to intervene? Reason? Even though we aren't always speaking the same language??
(I'd give you a million dollars to tell me what "foo-foo" is, cause he wants it REAL bad...)

Lots of deep breaths over here (from me, not him!)...
Thank goodness I went to yoga today, so I was already in the deep breathing mode...

How to LOVE in the midst of a meltdown...that is certainly the question. At least for today...

XOXOXO

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh my....sorry you're entering this difficult phase. Figure it all out okay so you can tell me what to do soon!

Anonymous said...

I feel so bad that you are in this stage. feel great that I am right behind you.

after school starts let's please plan a date with the two of us and Jamie. I would love that!

Unknown said...

you're a GREAT mom! this too will pass!

e

amy lane said...

it's all gonna be ok....in my humble opinion, and from what i remember from my child development classes, you just have to let him work it out. he's got to figure out how to cope with punishment, but you can soothe him afterward, and explain why he's in punishment.
you are a wonderful mom. and kally is lucky to have you, and you're doing great!!!
and my guess is that a 'foo-foo' is a 'choo-choo'?? just a guess ;)

Blossom Snodgrass said...

foo foo means french fries!!!

Unknown said...

maybe foo-foo is "food"? I like the choo choo idea too!

As for the two's, yes they are HARD! Hailey struggled through the twos and when she had a tantrum (at home), I always walked away. The tantrum is to get attention, and if you don't give it, it usually ends. In public, when a tantrum happened, I always just picked her up and left. Found a quieter place and she usually calmed down. Every kid is different but this worked for us. The three's were wonderful! It was my favorite year of her's yet!!