Thursday, July 15, 2010

We're HERE!!!!!!

My cousin Adam once told me,
adventure is inconvenience, rightly considered...

And I used to LOVE that quote---and possibly I used to be better at rolling with the punches?? I don't know---I tend to over-romanticize the past...

these are pictures from our 3 hr shuttle ride----I was slowly losing Kallen but he loved it when I took his picture----he kept saying "again!!"---so, I kept taking pictures so that the 7 other people on the shuttle wouldn't have to hear his heartfelt screaming :)

ANYway, we are IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!!----yes we had a minor meltdown over here the other night. To make a long story short, the HUGE annual Stella & Dot conference is here in San Francisco this week. I've been SO excited about it-----we fly standby, yada yada and of COURSE all the flights filled up (and I mean ALL the flights) for this week...next week, they're all WIDE open. This week the only city in the west we could get to was Phoenix! :)


Supposed to leave Thursday morning, which looking at the flights wasn't gonna happen ---at 5pm on Tuesday evening, my amazingly creative husband figured out a way for Kallen and I to quite literally jump on the San Jose flight at 8:55pm THAT night, and then take a "shuttle" to San Francisco the next day and spend an extra night Wed in san fran----there were a lot of tears, a lot of hyperventilating, and some VERY QUICK packing and before you knew it K and I were headed to cali.

The first shuttle we got on that was supposed to drop us off at the San Francisco airport actually dropped us off at the San Jose airport----(more tears, and a bit more hyperventilating---after all, its ME, my 2 yr old, a car seat, a stroller, a backpack, a purse, a HUGE suitcase and a duffle bag!!!!!)

But finally after many miracles we made it onto a shuttle that took us to the correct airport, where we caught another shuttle that took us to the correct hotel---and here we are, across from the San Francisco Bay at the Hyatt----SO much to be thankful for. The salty cool air, the sunshine, and somehow Brian was able to get onto a completely full flight last night---had to sit in the jumpseat in the cockpit, but he DID get on!!! I mean, I guess you'd call that an adventure...(???)

Loving our time as a family, loving the west coast, and now I'm all registered----(a little scared since I don't know a SINGLE SOUL---did I mention I get social anxiety like CRAZY?!!! ha!)

Fashion show is at 2, and I'm SO excited!!!
Much love---and thanks for being part of the adventure :) xoxoxoxo!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I don't know these things while they are happening!!

Love how dear Brian can always make things work...somehow! (it wasn't his fault you were dropped off in San Jose) :-)

Somehow you always manage to rise to the occasion...maybe a few tears later, but....YOU RISE!!! XOXOXO

Courtney said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! don't keep us hanging! you have a busy month, too! :-)

Blossom Snodgrass said...

Wow. Do you ever stop?!? I'm totally envious of all the trips your family takes, but scott and i are in the midst of getting out of debt...thanks dave ramsey...so vacations are out for a while. Enjoy your summer! Love the pics!

Michelle said...

Wow, what a trip! You're a real adventurer and I hope you have a great time!

Unknown said...

I would have never known you have social anxiety! You are one of the sweetest and most engaging people I have met! Have fun on your trip!!

Mandy said...

HOW do you do all you do?! You amaze me with your ability to travel with Kallen! We're flying next week to go on vacation - I have Kyle with me, a new "airplane car seat that quickly turns into a stroller", my parents for Graham's entertainment....and I dread the trip! You're AMAZING!!!! I love your get-up-and-go!