Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oh Love that will not let me go...



I'm still totally reflecting on Easter.
Processing it as an adult, what it really means. The depths of it.

I am overwhelmed by our church. It is NOT perfect, but there is something so beautiful and different about it. I have never experienced community like this before.

We had such a great morning at Hermann Park. We got to use the Miller Outdoor Theater, which is totally our favorite place to go anyway and it was amazing to be there, and be OUTSIDE celebrating together with so many people we love.

Then, we got to eat lunch with people in the park. People who were our friends, people who live there, people who had come to just hang out----it was beautiful and fun to meet so many amazing people outside our usual routine. That really made my day...



And we had our annual Easter Dinner with the Kelly family later in the day. They are just so sweet to have "adopted" us. They put together a little Easter egg hunt for Kallen. The eggs were filled with "puffs" and mini jelly beans, so it took him a L-O-N-G time because of course he had to eat what was in each one as he found it! :)

I am loving the song lately, "Oh love that will not let me go..." I love that visual. Sometimes I just get in the wrong place, where I'm trying so hard to be a good mom, a good wife, rescue the many people who are on and in my heart (I know in my brain I can't rescue them, but my heart still wants to so bad), be a good steward of our resources and environment, keep my house in some sort of state of "un-explosion," maintain the dear friendships that are in my life...and wow. I feel like that list could go on and on and on...

Oh love that will not let me go...this weekend it just hit me, this love that is so active, that has been pursuing me for so long, that will not let me go. It is strong. It isn't surprised by my failures because it is oh, so much bigger than my failures and is actually not based in any way on "how I live my life"---its just there. It always has been. And as I get older I realize as I've said before, that love is a lot messier than I ever thought. Messier in an amazingly beautiful way...

So, I'm trying to keep this little visual at the front of my brain---a love that is holding onto me. That will not let me go...

Oh, love that will not let me go

I rest my weary soul in Thee

I give You back this life I owe

And in Your ocean depths its flow

May richer fuller be ...


Rejoice my heart

Rejoice my soul

My Savior God has come to Thee

Rejoice my heart

You’ve been made whole

By a love that will not let me go




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious sentiments, dear Christy! I so enjoyed reading your blog just now. Wish I could have worshipped with you at the Miller Outdoor Theater! I am so thankful for dear friends who welcome you as part of their family! What a blessed assurance we have of that 'love that will not let us go'!! Beautifully stated! Love you so much!

Courtney said...

i LOVE that, christy!!!