I have so many things I want to tell you about...
but I'm REALLY trying to use Kallen's nap time more efficiently so I'm gonna try to keep this short...
One thing I really love about "the blog" is the GREAT record keeper it is...the other night, I just started reading ours backwards and it was so much fun seeing old pictures, and reliving old experiences and memories. So, even though it always takes me longer than I think its going to---I'm definitely a fan of the blog. :)
OK, great weekend! Brian's parents came in town with our niece, Tatum, for part of her spring break. We had so much fun, and let me just tell you, Kallen has a new HERO!!! He followed Tatum around everywhere---and on Sunday afternoon after they left, we asked him "where's Tatum??..." (which, in retrospect was kind of mean) and he went running around the house looking everywhere for her...so cute. He loves her!
Well, one of the things Brian and I did while they were here, was go to a crawfish boil for our friend Josh's b-day (he and Claudia were the ones who got married in Guatemala last fall...).

Total blast---very much a learning experience for me. It was 100% Louisiana style and just crazy. I think they said they got 125 pounds...POUNDS of crawfish. Then, if you haven't been to one before, they're boiled in a HUGE pot with potatoes, and corn, and mushrooms, and onions, and CRAZY Louisiana spices that catch your mouth on fire. Then, they just pour it all out after its cooked, onto the table and everyone goes nuts...
Very fun, very interesting night...
Now on a side note, we definitely had a major involuntary detox the following day. Not to give you gross details but much more highly effective than any Whole Foods detox I've ever done---ha! Apparently a LOT of us got a little sick from something we ate...I guess that's the price you pay when you're not a LA native-ha!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment