Monday, February 8, 2010

Meanwhile, we've been...


...celebrating my b-day...yay 32!!! Brian brought me back this amazing chocolate he got in Toronto. I actually still have some left---I've been seriously rationing it because I'm so afraid to finish it---its THAT good--ha!!!


...loving time with my mom and Aunt Deb. They are both amazing, and it was SO fun to have them HERE!!!! We had some gorgeous weather---which was really nice---even if it only lasted a few days. And it was so fun to see my aunt, who I haven't seen in probably 5 years. LOVE her...


...eating some great food! My sweet husband made me a great b-day dinner. Salmon on the cedar plank, cedar plank caught on fire, but salmon was unharmed! ha!! I LOVE this picture---all I could think of in my head was "...this salmon's on FIRE..." (to the tune of Kings of Leon--I know, I'm so cheezy-ha!)


...I love you :) what a fun night.



...sharing b-day dinnertime with Kallen while my mom and aunt were at Beth Moore. He was pretty content playing until we whipped out the chocolate cake----then it was a whole new ball game :) (which we discovered that the flourless chocolate cake at Pronto Cucinino is AMAZING and 5 bucks!!!!!)






...eating dirt (not to be confused with the picture above where he's been eating chocolate--I know, its looks very similar!!)



...catching up with my sweet friend Brooke, from Atlanta, who was in town visiting. (Brooke was one of my DEAR friends when I lived in CA----we had a lot of fun together--love that girl!!!) (How have my highlights already faded???? Good grief!!) :)


...getting our hair cut---and by "our" I mean Kallen, and by "hair cut" I mean he sat in our blue plastic pool while Brian went after him with the clippers. It was NOT a pretty sight, but I'm getting used to it :) Next time I'm paying 10 bucks to have it CUT and not shaved off--ha!




...playing at the playground, and having lots of fun with Gran! And riding down the TALL slide----which slid a LOT faster than we were expecting! Good thing dad was up there and not mom!


And best of all, Brian and I got to take a little Austin getaway while my mom was here. It was AMAZING. The weather was kinda gross/overcast and rainy, but it was still so much fun to be together. I'm so sorry to our dear Austin friends that we weren't able to make any visits, but our time went by SOOOOO fast---and it was just precious to be able to be "just us" for 48 hours. It was incredible... thanks mom!!!

Going out to dinner----"party of two--oh, and no high chair necessary.."


The view from our room :)


Did a little hiking.


Wow, what a great time. We were very sad to see Gran go---although her trip was a bit extended due to the snowstorm on the East Coast---that was very nice! :) And now its back to reality---which in its own sweet way has been nice too. We've been so disconnected from friends, and its nice to get back into our routine a bit.

Well, that was LONG--but I think I'm kinda caught up! :)
Have a GREAT day!!!

4 comments:

Blossom Snodgrass said...

great pictures! I love the one of you and Brian, it's really sweet. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great one. When are you planning on having another little Mister? Or little Miss?

Ali said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday and time away just the 2 of you. Happy Belated Birthday!

Courtney said...

what a fun time you've had! loved the update! oh...and i loved seeing the train station! so fun to picture you there!

Anonymous said...

*smiling* I love you sweet Christy! Have a wonderful day! It is snowing here today but not suppose to accumulate! Miss my Texas family! However, have my memories ...... XOXO