I'm sure most of you have experienced this before.
But it was a first for us...and WOW did we get some "on-the-job" training!
Saturday, super fun---went to the zoo (pretty common occurrence around here!) but this time got to bring Brian along which makes it MUCH more fun!
Lunch at Little Bigs! Sliders and fries...
Went to Central Market for the chocolate festival----ummm yes---amazing. Samples everywhere and got a GREAT dinner for Valentine's!!
Went home, ate dinner, put the little guy to bed, watched the Olympics.
Little guy starts screaming after sleeping for an hour or so...Brian goes in and gives pacifier that's been thrown on floor.
About 30 minutes later, little guy starts screaming again---we decide we need to let him be---its about 10:00 and he really needs to get some sleep...
At 11:00 decide to go to bed, and go into Kallen's room to tuck him in---
we are hit (and I mean, HIT) in the face with the strongest, most terrible smell...
Kallen is COVERED in throw-up---all over his face, his body, the crib in huge piles, it is everywhere---and he is sound asleep in the middle of it---
It was absolutely heartbreaking----I just imagined what he had gone through in there all by himself, without us...just when he needed us the most. Of course, we had to wake him up, bathe him, tear apart the bed, disinfect, put on new jammy's to have him throw up all over again---yes, HUGE learning experience. I'm not sure what exactly we learned, except to hope with all our hearts for "non-throw-up" illnesses---ha! :)
The next morning he was good to go! We gave him ANOTHER bath---and laid low, but he was super hungry and had all his energy---not sure exactly what happened, but note to self---ALWAYS check on your baby!!! :)
PS...I was later looking through our pictures from Saturday...I hope this one didn't have anything to do with it! ha!!!





2 comments:
oh, christy! that's the WORST feeling, i KNOW! but look at his smiling face...he's ok! that's SO hard on your heart...love you!
You're more brave than me....I didn't even get Finley up when he puked in his sleep, bathtime waited until the morning! Glad he seems to be on the mend!
Post a Comment