It has been a COLD weekend!!!! Cold by Texas standards, of course---but still cold!---night's in the 20's!
But that didn't keep us from having a GREAT (although painfully freezing at times!) weekend. We had a fun, full house over here for Brian's friend Kyle's wedding weekend. Brian's friend Mike came in Thursday night, and Brian's family arrived on Friday and it was so much fun to have a house filled with voices and laughter.
And I must admit, I wasn't necessarily looking forward to a weekend full of events. I can tend to be a little socially reclusive anyway, but as the temp's kept dropping, and my wardrobe choices of strapless dresses had already been made, I found myself longing to stay on my couch in sweatpants under a blanket watching movies! But as it was, it was a great weekend and we had SO much fun.
I really do love weddings. All that they stand for. A beginning. Something new. The excitement of hopes and dreams and things to come. Not that they end in perfection because we all know they don't. But they present the possibility of a place you can truly sink your roots, and work and grow into one of the deepest (and messiest) kinds of love there is. That is so beautiful.
I wish I had pictures of the rehearsal dinner, but I forgot my camera. It was awesome. SO Texas! At the Heights Fire Station, country music playing, barbeque dinner, cowboy hats...it was so much fun! I think one of my favorite parts of the weekend, that I hadn't even really thought about, was the fact that Brian and I had TWO date nights in a ROW!!! Thanks to Aunt Jeri----THANK YOU!!!!! That in itself was absolutely incredible!
We got to sleep in and relax on Saturday, I got to run withOUT a jog stroller!, (its the little things sometimes!!), and then off to an incredibly gorgeous wedding at St Martin's and a reception at the Bayou Club afterwards. A gorgeous night...
(I apologize my pictures are so super fuzzy...I refuse to use my flash, but don't have the technology to be doing that! :)


Melissa and Derek--such a cute couple

I got bangs!! :)

Before Brian gives me a SLOPPY kiss...
...and after :)
cute father & daughter dancing

what a wonderful husband

Kyle's nieces with amazing voices singing "I'm Yours"

It was a beautiful wedding. Oh, and as a total side note, I found a different dress---very similar to the first but puffy/poofy on the bottom instead of tight---so much more forgiving!!!! :) What a wonderful night with my sweet husband!!!
6 comments:
fun! love the bangs. 2 date nights is the row is awesome.
I love these pictures!! And your bangs look AWESOME!
NOOO pic of the dress? how dare you.
out it on and take a pic.
now.
ya gorgeous =)
and then come visit me, too!!!
Love the pictures....love the hair...love YOU !
I'm hardly the first to notice, but ... you ROCK the bangs, girl. You make me want bangs for the first time in like 15 years. :)
Good to "see" you! Love and hugs!
what fun! and i LOVE the bangs. they look amazing on you!
also, i dream of the day that we can go to a wedding as a GUEST. i forget how fun they are!
Post a Comment