Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Eve...

I was just talking to my my mom on the phone about how much I liked this Christmas...I was a little worried because we are usually at either my parents' house, or Brian's parents' house for Christmas, but this year it just kind of happened that we were going to be at home. I was afraid it was going to be really anti-climatic, you know? But it has been just beautiful. Beautiful in the sense of really feeling like a family...beginning to make our own traditions.

And I am pretty sure that Christmas is my absolute favorite time of the year...it used to be summer, but ever since I moved to Texas, well...

No, seriously, Christmas is for sure the most magical and beautiful time of year...most certainly my favorite :)

So, we started some traditions this year...not that they have to be set in stone, but I kind of liked a lot of them :) We made cookies for neighbors...that was fun. Having an excuse to ring people's doorbells. We have a lot of great neighbors, but not always a lot of reasons to interact, and it just feels good to interact. Now, I don't know how anyone else does this, but it is very hard coordinating getting all of your cookies done at the same time (?????) I had to make 2 batches of everything because by the time I'd finish one type, the previous type would be starting to get "not-as-fresh" so I'd have to make them again... oh well, maybe I'll get better next year??...:) All that to say, a LOT of cookies have been made around here!!!!!!

Kallen playing with some of his early gifts while I "make cookies"!!!
He LOVES this plane we got him during our 5 hour stay in the DC airport :)

A car from his Michigan great-grandparents...he loves this too!!!

I LOVE this ornament...wasn't it made just for me??? :) I found it at the art market at Taft...(not sure about the "kids" plural part...just the Virginia part--ha!)
Kally and I on the way to our Christmas Eve service...
We pass this donut shop every week on our way to church and I always want to take a picture...I'm just so happy they spelled "Christy" correctly :)
Our Christmas Eve service...have I mentioned how much I LOVE our church????...
it was a seriously beautiful service...

"Silent Night"...I love the candlelight...
My dear friend Amy...we went to the zoo earlier that day :) She is SO good with Kallen--he loves her!

We came home, took some pictures by the tree :) and had soup from the crock-pot...a for sure Christmas Eve tradition!! (This is my favorite crock-pot recipe. I leave out the cous-cous...)(wish I had photo-shop to put my hair in a pony tail---ha!!!! )



...and our jolly little elf...

...we are anxiously anticipating!!!...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I love the new Christmas traditions! Although you were missed by both families, I am sure, it is also good to start your 'own' family Christmas with traditions! I think of our family on Christmas' past, and there are some special memories stored up there! Glad you made it so special! You are missed every day of the year...not just the holidays! Sending all of our love from VIRGINIA ....TO.....TEXAS!

Ali said...

Merry Christmas! You look beautiful! Such a cute family. I am glad you had fun just the 3 of you.

Courtney said...

loved seeing your new traditions! isn't it fun??