Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Today...

Hi everyone!!!
Sorry its been so long, but my life still feels a little scrambled, and I certainly have suitcases to still unpack from CA!! Which, by the way feels a MILLION miles away---so glad I took pictures...the other day I opened a book and sand fell out and it was like a dream that I could barely believe happened, you know what I mean???


Ok, so today I...

...woke up to the sweet sound of my baby boy playing in his crib in the room next to me.

...got him up, made coffee, blueberry waffles (well, the frozen kind you pop in the toaster), and sat on the couch with him and watched Sesame Street and checked emails.

...put him down for a nap, picked things up and began working on the prayer I'm giving, at our annual Women of Vision (World Vision) fundraising luncheon which this year is at River Oaks Country Club, and is featuring Barbara Bush as our speaker.

...hear him squealing still and not sleeping, so text a friend to see if she has black heels to borrow for my outfit tomorrow, and if she wants to meet me to walk at Memorial Park.

...head out to Memorial Park, take a walk in the gorgeous weather, catch up with my friend Amy, and try on heels while sitting on the back edge of my car in the parking lot.

...leave to go to Ikea to return a few things, and see a new voice mail and check it to hear the president of Women of Vision calling to ask me if I'm ok as I missed the luncheon this afternoon...

Yes, this is completely true, and the only reason I even have the wherewithal to even write about this is because I have completely sobbed my eyes out today and gotten it all out on the phone to my sweet mother and husband (thanks so much!!!)....

So, I know there are a few things to learn through this----not exactly sure completely what yet but I'll be sure to fill you in :) Wow, just wow...

I know for sure that this is an opportunity to choose to either focus on my mistakes and flaws, and believe that I am limited to the errors I make and unfortunately will continue to make. Or to focus on what is ahead, become stronger by learning from this mistake, soak in the love and forgiveness and encouragement of the people around me, and be willing to let go of my perfectionism and people pleasing...

I was just reading this on another person's blog and it brought so much rest to my heart:

"don't be anxious and troubled about anything about your life, about what you will eat, about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, the body, and clothes."

So I hope this brings you a little laughter today :) and the reminder to let it go, not worry and cast your cares...Much love :)


6 comments:

beckley said...

i love you.

my day totally sucked, and it was my bday.

as for organization, i had none til i sacrificed and got the iphone. now i can't avoid everything in my face and I can check it the second i wake up. plus, it blinks at me every time i have something, and it synchs with my calendar on my computer (and any evites i get automatically go there).

i could have done that. sure.

i love you. that sucks. so sorry.
shalom.

Anonymous said...

What a blessing and privilege to have a daughter who calls and wants to pour her heart....and mistakes out to her mother! What a precious conversation we had, dear Christy, and the 'lessons' are being learned! That is what we call 'LIFE' !
Cling to that verse and the other promises in God's Word! YOU are PRECIOUS in HIS sight.....and mine!

Courtney said...

oh, friend! what a DAY! from glorious (outside with a friend) to awful (oh...your heart when you got that phone call...) and back to glorious (KNOWING God's LOVE and grace...especially lived out by those around you!)

LOVE you!!!

Kate and Geoff said...

Oh my sweet friend! I can just feel it. That "my heart just stopped for a second" feeling as you heard that voicemail. But how great to pour it all all to your mom and get a little perspective at the end of it.

I think you are Amazing. With a capital A.

Blossom Snodgrass said...

Wow. I really needed that story. I feel like I stress about every little thing ( my poor husband handles it sooo well, bless his heart). This week I keep telling myself to just shake it off like Mariah Carey, and just LET IT GO!

who cares that my floor hasn't been mopped in two weeks? Who cares if the kitchen isn't always clean? who cares if my baked potato soup turned out so horrible that we had salad for dinner?

why do I lose sleep over things that DON'T MATTER AT ALL!

So thanks for sharing your story. I'm sorry that happened to you.

Mandy said...

I'm finally getting a chance to read blogs! Christy!!!! Oh my heart just breaks for you. I hate that feeling in the pit of your stomach...I've so been there.