Monday, November 23, 2009

Catching Up...

Wow, I seriously don't know what happened to my life since I've been home. Well, you already know about the crazy gala week, where I also threw a friend's baby shower---most people can handle that kind of week, but I am certainly learning that I can't and I seem to literally cave under pressure...

It feels like I haven't quite been able to come up for air since we've been back in TX, until this past weekend. Neither Brian or I worked, (we both have been on weekends since we've been back) and although I felt a little guilty, it was SOOOOOO nice. It was stormy/rainy on Saturday and although we planned on painting our kitchen we laid on the couch and watched football (I read magazines!) and played with the little guy. It was great! (Oh, and let me mention that we had sushi for dinner!!! happy hour 1/2 price sushi @ RA...even better!!)

I am "learning" how to say "no"---which is very hard for me, but learning that I can't do everything, and sometimes its nice to just not have plans and be a family. In fact, that can be VERY nice!! Yesterday was gorgeous, so we worked in the yard which was a lot of fun, picked oranges and lemons and I went on a walk with a friend. It was a great day... :)

And I totally have been horrible at remembering to take my camera with me so I don't have many pictures---but do have a few of Kallen from the weekend---wow! He is getting quite a little personality. I'm not sure how to differentiate between what is actually HIS personality, and what it just part of being a TODDLER...like today when he hit me in the face at the cash register at the store...um, let's hope that's NOT his personality...

Speaking of not having a CLUE how to parent---any suggestions to keep a little one from pulling out the plugs and trying to plug them back in again??!! Wow, he loves electricity!!!

Ok, gonna try to put this place a little back in order before naptime is over!!
Have a GREAT day!!!!

He is getting to be such a BIG boy!...

He loves putting things in bags, and then carries them around like "we" do...ha!

This picture is super fuzzy, but its SOOOO "kallen" I had to include it! :)
I did FINALLY give him a little haircut Sunday---it was getting kinda moppy, but it broke my heart to touch it, so it was a very MINOR cut! :) Oh, and this is before the cut!
Much love!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I am counting my blessings this week, which are MANY.....my sweet Texas family falls at the top of the list with the rest of our dear family! God has been so good to us in the past and I look forward to ALL HE is going to do in the future! I sure do love the way HE has blessed our lives with KALLEN AND CAYDEN! It just doesn't get any better! Love the pictures...Kallen gets cuter every day! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

Mandy said...

LOVE these pictures!!! Can't wait for these little guys to hang out next month!!