Wednesday, November 18, 2009

17 months!!

Love this one of him...
first thing in the morning, so he still has that sweet sleepy look

Oh my, can't believe only one more month till the big 18! Seems like he only turned one yesterday :) Well, its been an exciting past 6 months and I feel like he's totally changed from a baby to a little boy...

Kallen spends most of his days running around here from one thing to the next and he rarely stays still! He LOVES turning things on and off...ie, the computer, the tv, the lights, anything with a switch. He's infatuated with our phones (which may mean we talk on them around him WAY too much!!), and he's very creative with what he'll consider to be "a phone," meaning he'll hold up a number of toys, the TV remote, etc etc to his ear and pretend to talk on them...

Speaking of talking, or talking of speaking (???) his vocabulary is still VERY limited! He started out with "uh oh" and has always (or at least it feels like "always") been able to say "mmmm-ah" which simply means more of "what I want"---this can be a little challenging, especially first thing in the morning before mommy has had her coffee, since he knows in his head exactly what he wants "mmmm-ah" of, but I don't. So we play a little guessing game most days, which often ends in tears and someone putting their head on the floor (and most good days, that's not me!!)...

He's also branched out and started saying "dada" although we're still not sure if he actually knows what/who dada is. He says it in response to many things. But our first "real word" was this past week, and was "apple" which sounds like "bubble" and is absolutely precious. I was holding up an apple, and saying the word "apple" and all of a sudden he repeated it! It was the most fun thing ever!! I tried to make a video but of course he was not very cooperative about "performing" which I totally understand :)

He's become a much more picky eater---no more veggies really, and the main fruits he likes are bananas and dried cranberries, which are probably more candy than fruit--ha!! He still loves grilled cheese, and his FAVORITE snack is Puffins cereal! He squeals with delight when the box comes out of the cupboard...

He LOVES looking at books, and will usually take the book away from me when I'm done and start babbling and turning pages on his own "reading" it back to me. And now at night, when I go in to check on him, I'm continually amazed at how long he looks in his little crib. He looks so angelic when he's sleeping...

So, that's a little update on our little guy!!!
Hope your Wednesday is going well, and as always...much love!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like there has been a lot of change since I last saw our little guy! It is hard to believe that he is 17 months old! How did these past months fly by so quickly? No worries on the talking or lack of talking. Before you know it he will be talking non-stop and you will momentarily long for the days before he learned how to talk. As long as he is comprehending, which he is, you are fine! The developmental stage is different for everyone, and then they eventually all catch up to one another. Enjoy each unique and individual trait that Kallen has to offer. He is such a blessing to all of our lives! Miss you all so much!

Unknown said...

What an wonderful little guy! How we love him! Hey - was he looking at your computer when he said "apple?" Just wondered... maybe he's going to be a computer geek! Just wait until he gets together with his cuzzie..couple'a little troublemakers! I think he needs a hig from his gramps! See y'all soon!

Unknown said...

...that is...he needs a HUG, not sure what a hig is...maybe he needs that too!!!

Ali said...

He is such a cutie! Man time flies. Good thing you like to be on the move b/c it sounds like this little one is 2 steps ahead:)