Actually, I hear the weather's been gorgeous in Houston which will certainly make it a LOT easier to come home. And I'm very excited to get back in the groove with sweet friends I've missed, and see our families again.
So, I was sitting on the beach yesterday with Kallen thinking of all that I'm going to miss and it started making me SOOOO sad---then, I thought, what about all the things I've LOVED. That I'm so grateful to have experienced this month. That completely changes the perspective to thankfulness instead of dismay-----so here are some of the things I'm so grateful for, that I've loved about this sweet experience we're having...
- Waking up with both of my guys within 6 inches of me (Kallen's pack and play is awfully close--like RIGHT NEXT---to our bed. In fact he wakes me up in the morning by throwing his blankie and pacifier at my face!!)
- Hearing Kallen squeals and screams as he runs toward the waves, then away from the waves, then towards the waves...then chases a seagull...
- Being able to sit at Pipes on a foggy morning, hearing the waves crash, and eating a huge breakfast burrito and drinking hot coffee...
- Riding our bikes along the 101.
- Driving past SO many places where one of us will say "remember when...??" and we'll both smile...
- Trader Joe's!!!! Honestly, I never shopped there when we lived here, but we've grown extremely fond of a number of things we've gotten there---the plain frozen yogurt, Zen Muffins (mango/cranberry/blueberry are amazing!!), the dark chocolate covered almonds sprinkled with sea salt and turbinado sugar (I know, seriously??!!!!), their plain hummus with their onion and salt pita chips...wow, I could totally go on. We're going to have to go on ONE last run before we leave, and pack our car for home!! :)
- Playing on the playground with Kallen, overlooking the ocean.
- The sunsets.
- The ability to reflect on how we're living our lives, marriage, careers, relationships, etc...
Wow, this list could certainly go on!!
xoxoxoxo
3 comments:
I'm so glad you're having such a great time....and encouraged to see how you turned your attitude around towards thankfulness....I'm working on that. ;)
I love your decision to dwell on the things you have loved, and not on what you are going to miss! What a blessing to be able to enjoy a place that you love for a month...and share that with your 2 favorite people! You are blessed, my dear one!
so happy for you.
yes, focus on the good. that kind of beauty will travel home with you. and iphoto-scroll-through helps, too. make yourself a slideshow. remember this sweet time.
so happy for you.
(TJ's pancake mix in the box is great. add pumpkin/can to it and cook:)
Post a Comment