Sunday, October 25, 2009

it happened to us...

Ok, first I'm going to start this post out with a completely unrelated statement, that I am getting VERY SAD about leaving...we sat down to plan our "last week" this afternoon, and I promise you that my heart actually hurt...last night we walked down to the "grand opening" of a little baby boutique, Babies by the Sea (I mean just the cuteness of the store alone will break your heart!!!) at the market area down the street from our house...super cute, bounce house, guy playing music, tons of young families and little kids, and gypsy dancer lady...I kid you not, I cried the whole way home----just wanting this to last forever...SO, I'm not going to mention this the rest of the week (hopefully!) trying to focus on the GOOD of still being here---just want to keep it real and honest for you, in the midst of all this sand and sunshine :)

Ok, now for the real story... :) I've totally heard about this happening, quite commonly, in fact, to people---it just hadn't happened to us yet. We came home from church and errands, and laid Kallen down for a nap---Brian and I laid on the couch hoping to fall asleep too. Kallen kept screaming and then stopping, over and over, so finally I went in to see if I could soothe him a bit. 

When I walked in the room the smell of poop hit me in the face like a brick! I went to pick him up in the dark, and felt his bare little bottom on my hand----put him down, ran to turn on the light---and sure enough, no diaper, bare bottom, and HUGE piece of poop laying in his bed!!! I didn't know what to do---laugh a little, be horrified, or be completely GRATEFUL that somehow in the darkness he didn't roll onto it, step on it, smush it in his hands, wipe it on the wall---you know, all the stories you usually hear surrounding these circumstances...so bad news, there was poop in his bed, and he actually must have gone #1 standing up because it was all in his bed, on our bed, on the floor, and on Brian's bag----good news, it wasn't even HALF of what it could have been!!!! :)

"I lost my pants!!!!"

Post-poop bath--might as well brush your teeth too!! :)





Have a great day!!!
Much love :)

5 comments:

beckley said...

we're pretty sure jackson was often playing target practice in his bed. we were over an hour late to our baby shower for belle because not only did he play target practice (and very accurate i might add- regardless of the medium), he also painted his crib. his hands looked like he was wearing gloves, and it had dried. so we were worried about consumption as well.

so. gross.

welcome to the club. fun, huh? you've been officially knighted.
:)

beckley said...

btw, by target practice, i mean he sat in his bed and threw it across the room towards a target.

:)
yeah.

Courtney said...

wow! sounds like it could have been much worse. i shouldn't even say it...but it hasn't ever happened to me! i don't know why?!? i probably just jinxed myself... :-) have a GREAT week!!!

Michelle said...

Oh my....might need to be reinforcing those diapers with a little duck tape! ;)

Mandy said...

Oh my....I dread the day this happens. A little girl I know has to wear her pjs backward every night because she is famous for taking off her diaper....really funny looking.