Thursday, October 29, 2009

countdown!!!!...

there have been a lot of countdown's for the smith family...
this one is bittersweet...its thursday afternoon but certainly feels like mid-morning. 
everything is flying by FASTER than it usually does!!...
sitting on the couch with our little candles lit, responding to emails, and looking at a huge black suitcase in front of me that's almost full.
Brian's out surfing...Kallen's asleep...
its hard because I just want to pack and be DONE so i can enjoy my last 2 days, but you can't really pack everything because we still need so many things (Kallen's toys, stuff in the kitchen, bathroom stuff, makeup etc...)
we went to breakfast this morning at The Naked Cafe, and had huge pancakes and hot coffee overlooking the ocean...i'm going to miss this salty smell SO bad :)
we are going down to Coronado tonight to have dinner with my friend Nevie and her family...
looks like things are already starting to get crazy at home, which I think will actually be GOOD for the transition back...jumping right into the craziness of life...
I'm SOOO very thankful the holidays are coming up, so we still have some things to look forward to...
this has been just amazing.
I feel like Brian and I have learned so much this month---about ourselves, Kallen, etc...
I am so thankful.

we are driving to Phoenix first thing Saturday morning to go back to Michelle and Jared's and I'm REALLY looking forward to hanging out with them. That will also make the transition a lot easier---still trying to think of a costume idea for Kallen---we really want something funny and creative---hmmmmmm.....
then Brian leaves on Monday morning, and Kallen and I fly home Tuesday night...
I'll try to take some last day pictures----but really I'm trying to just soak everything into my head and heart before we leave :)

Have a wonderful Thursday!!!
xoxoxoxo :)

3 comments:

Ali said...

Oh I am sooo sad for you. Coming home from a one week vacation is bad enough. I can't imagine how you'll feel next week. Don't think about it, just enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You can count on our prayers in the coming days as you transition back into the routine of normal life, and for safety in your travels! I know how difficult it is leaving this place that you love so much, but you will carry the memories back with you and can reflect on them often! You have had such a wonderful time and grown so much in your relationship with each other ..and sweet Kallen! Thank you, Brian, for all you do to show your love to Christy and Kallen! We love you all so very much!! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures IN PERSON!

Courtney said...

thinking about you...